Chandertal Lake, Spiti Valley

Thanks Pawan...:)

Well back breaking difficult but possible... it will take more than 5-6 Hrs to reach Chandertal from manali if you don't face any major JAM at Rohtaang or after Chota Dhara...and when you reach there it will just be touching it and start thinking of coming back.which you don't really want I feel....

What you can do is start early morning reach Chandertal and move to Kaza for stay or come back to stay at Khoskar..

crazy4

Good information with excellent pictures Dheeraj.It is very handy for people want to go there.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Leave early from manali, say 6am. You miss jam at rohtang.
Reach chtaal by around 11am.
Spend till 6pm there, then drive back. Around 10pm at rohtang there will be no jam. Just make sure you don't fall of a cliff :D

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
A lot of people with GPS devices would have gone to this lake.
Can you please post
1. Entire track of the road to lake from the turnoff
2. Otherwise, the GPS coordinates of the turn off point from the main highway
Since often the board is taken down, its difficult to find the turn off point

kkbhagra

Banned
Hi Dheeraj..... the pic u have on top is not chadartaal...... this is a small pool that is above chandartaal to the left range of hillocks.... im sure u must be knowing that... only it would be greta if you can post a pic of chandertaal at the time you visited...would love to se it frozen...

kkbhagra

Banned
And Guys ... all of you visiting chandartaal..... you should be camping there..... of all the mounains i have travelled and satyed in... chandartaal was the most fascinating and awesome..... and enigmatic stay i have ever had..... dont rush it ... its a place worth camping.

Hi Dheeraj..... the pic u have on top is not chadartaal...... this is a small pool that is above chandartaal to the left range of hillocks.... im sure u must be knowing that... only it would be greta if you can post a pic of chandertaal at the time you visited...would love to se it frozen...
hey thanks for correcting that sir....me and yogesh were in doubt when I posted the triplog... as I had in the travelogue that we didn't able to reach it by half a KM. This was clicked by our guide... I didn't have photo of my own so someone have to lend me to update the same..

Guyz who visited please allow me to use any of yuor phots I will update the link??

Last edited: