Chandertal Lake, Spiti Valley

kkbhagra

Banned
A few good ones....
Sorry guys... my scanner is bad.....
But im sure u will still love em....
Chandartaal..... in the morning hues.
and the last one....its a treat ..
a gift frm an ol dfriend....which i share with evryone.... Its Shimla...View of Taradevi...frm Jakhoo...

Attachments

kkbhagra

Banned
Yup they do... and then chandra(river) meets bhaga (Originating from SurajTaal near baralach Pass) ...........he two rivers meet at Tandi and thereon known as Chandrabhaga..... Thereon near Punjab...enters Pakistan as Chenab.... and then returns to India as Indus......
So in a way... the reason for the settlement of the Indus avlley civilization had its roots seeded at lahaul Spiti of Himachal.....

Hi Tanveer, I have seen these pics in your travelogue. I have not been on the road so I cannot say if there is a waterfall. But waterfalls and water crossings are very common on both sides of the Kunzum.

for everyone's info, before Kunzum they form the Spiti and after Kunzum the Chandra river.

I am 100% sure you have taken the correct turn because there are no other turns !

sudhir222

Motoholic
Such a beauty and makes me feel so modest. Hopefully i will be camping at the lake side in August last week while doing the Spiti..
Thanks kkbhagra for the pictures.. Dheeraj - the info is most useful!

danrockd

DanFotoWorx
Yup they do... and then chandra(river) meets bhaga (Originating from SurajTaal near baralach Pass) ...........he two rivers meet at Tandi and thereon known as Chandrabhaga..... Thereon near Punjab...enters Pakistan as Chenab.... and then returns to India as Indus......
was just going through this thread, how can you say that the river retrun to India as Indus? I think after meeting Indus, it just flows down south-west to Arabian sea.
Good information anyway.

amo222

nice sharing dheeraj. you have covered the every aspect of the trip. really nice and informative. i visited chandertal lake too. and it is so beautiful and nice place to. if anybody is planning to go anywhere then i will suggest to go there.