Chandigarh-Jalori Pass- Prashar lake-Chandigarh

mintu

Neeraj Sharma
A small weekend ride and covered 760km in two days on bike. Route was taken Chandigarh- Narkanda-Sainj-Jalori-Jibhi-Aut-Mandi-Prashar lake-Jahu-Una-Chandigarh.

We are 4 Office friends and was riding their bikes. We have two 180cc pulsar one Seplnder whose engine was just rebuild around 20 days back and one Passion pro.

We all
IMG_8570.JPG

We started on Friday evening from Chandigarh at 6 o clock and as we reached Dharmpur one bike start giving the problem. It was felt like there was some water in the tank, so as it was evening there was a less mechanic and we don't want to waste too much time, we open the overflow nut of the carburetor and drain some petrol. By this way we reached Shimla at 12 Am. First night stay was on my friend room so we just entered and had some sleep.

Next Day we started at around 9 am and now the bike seems Ok and there was no problem so thought to move ahead.

As I reached near theog I felt the less power in my bike when I checked with a mechanic he suggested me to change the clutch plate. Now its my turn, i don't want any issue, so I changed the clutch plates. We reached at jalori paas at around 7:30 Pm. We asked for any accommodation from locals. They told us about the camp site running by Himachal tourism but it was full so we decided to drive towards Shoja. Shoja was around 5 km from Jalori paas. We reached Shoja at around 8:45Pm. We booked two rooms each at 700 and for dinner we gave around 600 for 4 person. The food prepared by the guest owner was too yummy and all my friends was happy to had such a delicious food.

Next Day we started at 7 Am and had bath in the river flowing by side of the road. It was an amazing experience.
As soon as we crossed Mandi town the bike again start giving the same problem, so we thought this time , its better to check with some mechanic. Mechanic cleaned the carburetor and also changed the spark plug. At the same time we have some doubt of a puncture on the rear Tyre of the spelnder, when guy checked it found a puncture. So after spending two hours there we again started towards Prashar lake.

The Prasher lake road was look like a nation highway as a lot of traffic and jams. at last we reached at 4 o clock there.

After spending one hour we again started our drive towards our final destination Chandigarh.

I decided to took Una road as it has less traffic on that road and also the other three guys were driving first time on hills so, I don't want to take any risk. As you guys know Kirtpur bilaspur road was full of trucks and it needs a lot of extra care to overtake any vehicle.

We reached at 10 o clock near Bhota and had our dinner on a small dhaba.
We again start our ride at 11 o clock. As we crossed Una city, I felt some sleep so I thought have a break. We parked our bikes and slept by side of the road for around 30 minute. After having some tea break finally we reached at 4 AM at mohali.

So it was a full of adventure.
Here are some pics :)

Jibhi town view
IMG_8550 (2).JPG

Hathu peak
IMG_8438.JPG

View of hathu peak
IMG_8410 (2).JPG

Rider 1 Gaurav
IMG_8400 (2).JPG

Rider 2 - Akhliesh
IMG_8412.JPG
Rider 3 - Jatin
IMG_8458 (2).JPG

Rider 4- Me (Neeraj)
IMG_8553.JPG

Jatin approaching Jalori paas
IMG_8465 (2).JPG

View of Jalori Pass
IMG_8472 (2).JPG

Early Morning view from Shoja - Guest house where we stayed.
IMG_8505 (2).JPG

Shoja
IMG_8506 (2).JPG

IMG_8507 (2).JPG

Jibhi town view
IMG_8559 (2).JPG

IMG_8560 (2).JPG

IMG_8563 (2).JPG

IMG_8633 (2).JPG

Tyre puncture-
IMG_8671.JPG

carburettor issue
IMG_8683.JPG

We all posing at Prashar
IMG_8762.JPG

That's all :)

rameshtahlan

Super User
oh boy,
jam on way to Prashar Lake,
looks like there is not place to go to the mountains during the season.
Good thing i plan all my trips off season and come across no traffic.
But this time in a day or two, i am going in season to Dalhousie,
lets see what happens,

happy landings
RT

mintu

Neeraj Sharma
great trip
excellent location
waiting for more
sure will upload pics soon.

Nice one , recalled my memories
yes we are lucky that no rain on that weekend

Fantaboulous

Keep Motoring
Hardeep
:)

@ Neeraj,

Wonderful photos @ amazing locations...
Short yet sweet travelogue...

Regards,

Umesh
thanks

oh boy,
jam on way to Prashar Lake,
looks like there is not place to go to the mountains during the season.
Good thing i plan all my trips off season and come across no traffic.
But this time in a day or two, i am going in season to Dalhousie,
lets see what happens,

happy landings
RT
yes from next day a fair was starting so locals are setup their shops and lots of tourist