Chennai to Delhi drive by car

Ankur Saikia

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and plan a travel from Chennai to Delhi by my car. It’s a Hyundai i20 and I will be traveling alone. I do not plan to drive during nights, only till 8pm max.
I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me the best and the safest route available?
Whether I should take the Hyderabad- MP route via Agra or should I take the Bangalore-Pune-Jaipur route?
Thanks for your advice in advance.

P.S. I will be starting my travel on 24th early morning. Please suggest road conditions as well if possible

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Whether I should take the Hyderabad- MP route via Agra or should I take the Bangalore-Pune-Jaipur route?
I have driven/ridden Chennai-Delhi by both the routes. But, my favourite route is the shortest one via central India: Chennai>Hyderabad>Nagpur>Chhindwara>Narsinghpur>Sagar>Jhansi>Gwalior>Agra>Delhi. Please note that some sections between Adilabad & Nagpur and Jhansi & Gwalior are bad. Other those sections, the remaining roads are excellent.

Here are the details of toll charges in July 2017 during my return drive to Chennai from Leh:
FASTag1.jpg

Apart from the above, I paid ₹ 415 by cash at Yamuna Expressway and ₹ 170 by cash at Hyderabad ORR [Medchal to Pedda Amberpet] as FASTag was not accepted there.

Last edited: