Chennai to Leh via delhi- Manali

ArunNathan

The Day 2 and Day3 parts look really hectic. Delhi - Jammu can take anywhere around 10hrs and above even on 4 wheels. And given that most of it will be night riding it will take more than 10 hrs fro sure. With that the next day from Jammu - Srinagar will also be tiresome.
Would suggest to take the train upto Jammu and start from there.
For the return part you can take a train from Chdgrh/Delhi.
Thanks for spending your valuable time to check my plans and help us. !!
My initial plan was train upto Jammu- Which is travel time is 55 hours. And as per my plan, 3rd day eve only. I will be in jammu.
So that we choosed Delhi (28 hours), Where we will reach by 2nd morning and by night, We will reach jammu via roadways.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
The exact date is not finalised yet.

Mostly June month, Any friday ! - We have the trains (chennai to delhi - Fast express) only on friday. so, The ride from delhi to Jammu will be on Saturday..
Second or third week of June would be a better bet.

In case you do not mind spending more. You can fly to Srinagar and courier your motorcycles directly there through a company like Gati or Aggarwal Packers and Movers. This will save you quite a bit of time.

ArunNathan

In case you do not mind spending more. You can fly to Srinagar and courier your motorcycles directly there through a company like Gati or Aggarwal Packers and Movers. This will save you quite a bit of time.
Honestly, Inorder to reduce our budgert only, We prefer to travel in our own bikes and travelling via trains.
My initial plan was, Flight and renting bikes. Due to cost cutting, we changed the plans to own bikes and travel via trains.

So, Please suggest me, with the same and how we can achieve this trip in the plesent way.

ArunNathan

If that is the case, add another day if possible or skip Tso Moriri.
Adding another day is not at all possible Yogesh. Already the plan is 16 days, And the next problem is, train is available on 15th day afternoon only. If not 17th day afternoon only we can catch the train.

Day 13 - I kept as buffer day(Due to any reason, If we delay), May be I can use that day.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Ah, in that case I hope everything goes according to the plan. Keep the GPS location handy of a petrol pump near the railway station, since you have to drain petrol while sending your bikes and would have to refuel, before you can leave railway station.

ArunNathan

Yokesh Sarkar - Thank you so much for all your help on choosing our route, places and time stamp, Basically everything.

Can you suggest me like, What are all the passes, I need to get and what is the procedure to get everything.

In order to ride our own bike's (TN registration) - Do we need to get any extra permission.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
If your train is till New Delhi, then there are a couple of Petrol pumps just around Connaught Place. Remember this from my bike receiving at NDLS.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Yokesh Sarkar - Thank you so much for all your help on choosing our route, places and time stamp, Basically everything.

Can you suggest me like, What are all the passes, I need to get and what is the procedure to get everything.

In order to ride our own bike's (TN registration) - Do we need to get any extra permission.
You just need 1 permit and you can get it online, LAHDC Leh Permit.