Chopta & chandrashila Trip Uttarakhand !! :)

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Vivek Kumar Singh, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Vivek Kumar Singh

Vivek Kumar Singh When the life get complicated.. I Ride

Day 1. 23rd Dec 2017 of Chopta Trip,
    A long weekend always comes with some new things. four day weekend at Christmas day was an ideal opportunity for us to travel. We decided to do snow trekking this time. Chopta was in my mind because of Neeraj from a long time. The beauty of Chopta, Tungnath and Chandrashila were calling me to explore it so
    We finally started the trip from 2:30 am from Gurgaon. Me,Neeraj,Ashok&New Memeber Amit.
    I and amit was with my machine apache rtr 200 4v.Neeraj was with avenger and ashok was with Thunder B 350.
    We decided to take 1st stop near Meerut and we took tea break for about 15 mins. The cold was saying i will be with you baby :) Our hand about to freeze due to cold.:) After sometime later near rudki, we suddenly under the fog Visibility was about 0. Bikes speed was 10-15 KM PH but we were lucky after Haridwar finally weather was pretty good. Afer that In next 1.5 hours, after we were in Rishikesh. We have been visited Rishikesh many times so it was nothing new for us so we decided to move forward.
    And had a tea break with Maggie in shiv puri.
    Break Time :)
    Break.jpg

We reached first major city Dev Prayag which is also the originating point of the Ganges, sangam of Alaknanda and Mandakini.
    In next around 2,3 hours, we were in Rudraprayag 140 or 145 KM from Rishikesh.
    In next around 1 hour we were Dhari Devi.
    Dhari Devi temple is a temple dedicated to Devi Kali Mata. A manifestation of Goddess Kali, Dhari Devi is revered as the protector of the char dhams.
    The temple is located in kalyasaur along the srinagar -badrinath highway on the banks of the alaknanda River in the Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand.
    It is about 15 km from Srinagar, Uttarakhand, 20 km from Rudraprayag and 360 km from Delhi.

Few teaser pics: Dhara Devi,

IMG_20171225_123221.jpg
    What a view & Beauty!
    IMG_20171225_123221.jpg Dhara devi.JPG
    Here are some more snaps clipped by moto E3 Power cell phone: :)
    IMG_20171225_123206.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. karun0035

karun0035 Active Member

nice ..... following ....

Vivek Kumar Singh likes this.
  3. Gaurav Dutt

Gaurav Dutt Shivoham Shivoham

Jai Maa Dhari Devi!

4. Vivek Kumar Singh

Vivek Kumar Singh When the life get complicated.. I Ride

Jai Mata Di. O:)

5. rdp

rdp Well-Known Member

Nice start !

6. Alpha

Alpha Going to Neverland

nice start

7. Dry Ice

Dry Ice Well-Known Member

क्या बात है !!
    बहुत बढ़िया

Waiting for the full story.. err.. adventure to unfold.. :D

8. NeerajVayu

NeerajVayu Well-Known Member

It was full of adventure for sure , I would say more than that, wherever I go adventure follow
    This time I will blame me for uncomfortable stay arrangements for all
    Last time I read the log of Gaurav bhai about the same place and thought to visit Tungnath
    Talked with Devender from Chauhal guest house
    But now he runs another one "Surya guest house " at Banyakund, called him couple of time just to make sure we all are coming
    May be he didn't communicated it further or may be he was not sure about our arrival or because of crowd - anything could be possible

After Ukhimath offline google map started creating some issues so we took local guidance for the route, Chopta was just few kilometer away and it was started getting dark
    Around 7:30 we reached Banyakund and talked with one guy at Surya guest house, nothing was ready at that time for stay but he assured to arrange two tents for us within half an hour
    Smoke and tea were our best bet for the time being
    snow was everywhere and they setup the tent on little snowy surface , one small another mid size Quechua tent
    finally we 4 settled at 8:30 in the tent, it was bone chilling cold, we didn't had right food whole day except some parathas and frequent maggi
    Body was also tired after riding around 470km so Mr. Amit suggested to take some fluid - Red label , just three peg and bottle disappeared what kind of peg it was only Amit can explain but it was needed to heal the cold
    After little bakar session we went for dinner, filled our stomach and returned to our tents, I would say food was awesome this time
    Amit was sleeping in a small tent with all the luggage where we three (Vivek me and Ashok) were in another tent in our sleeping bags, we had good sleep that night
    Next day early morning I started clicking photos and again went into sleeping bag after few minutes
    finally at 8:30 we all started freshening and had breakfast, we took 4 paranthe for our way
    Our plan was to do Chandrashila trek but this time I must say I underestimated power of snow
    People were excited to see snow it was first time for few of us to exp snow in real life

Ignited the engine and in 10-15 minutes we were at the gate where Tungnath trek starts

9. Gaurav Dutt

Gaurav Dutt Shivoham Shivoham

Ohhh, Sad. Chopta was too crowded at that time.
    I had a word with him on 25th Dec and the last line he spoke before cutting the call was "Bhaiji - Khoob Bheed hain, Full House Ho Rakkha Hain"

NeerajVayu and adsatinder like this.
  10. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Great Moves !
    Great Views !
    Great Pics !