Cleaning lens

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Has any one used any lens cleaner for their digital cameras? My cameras lens is a little dirty at this moment and I am thinking of getting a lens cleaning kit. Any idea which one is good and how much it will cost?

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
i cleans my handycams lens with an earbud dipped in colin. simple.
it did no damage so far!
it is giving same quality images and videos as it was giving on day one!

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
yeah it dint posed any problem till date.
but u can make it mild...add some water!

and no need to buy those useless cleaning kits and all.

Colin!!!!! Damn!!! Sachinontop..best of luck buddy. :D

Isopropyl Alcohol does seem like the best option. Use with non-woolly cloth..

Yogesh Sarkar said:
hmm... will check it out, i guess a safer option would be isopropyl alcohol mixed with water
have been using isopropyl alcolol on glasses, and visor for night driving. works amazing.

but camera lenses come with anti reflection and other coatings, so am not comfortable using this on lenses.

however I use "Jenova" lens cleaning solution. Its a methyl alcohol detergent based cleaning soln.works amazing. you also get lens cleaning tissues. using toilet ones leaves its own dust on it.

isopropyl alcohol is known to react with certain chemicals that are used in some lenses. And getting it from a chemical store and diluting it for use on lenses is not a good idea since we aren't sure abt the dilution needed.

you get Bausch and Lomb soft tissues that are ispropyl alcohol soln. these were for cleaning spectacle lenses. When I tried this on my camera lens it was a pain cleaning it.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
powerslave said:
Colin!!!!! Damn!!! Sachinontop..best of luck buddy. :D

Isopropyl Alcohol does seem like the best option. Use with non-woolly cloth..
lol... thanx for concern but it is working for me! no problems so far!
and yeah u can consider it an user-review!

btw, m using it since last 3 yrs... almost once eevry month ... not a single problem till date!