Close To My Heart - An Uttarakhand diary

sridhar1953

I heartily thanked Bhim & Faisal and told them that the almighty God had made indeed readied them to take me to my Dad’s house and may he bless you both. In the darkness of the night while staring in the direction of Dehradun I thanked the great lord for giving me an opportunity to visit my dad’s native and retired for the day.
[/ATTACH]
Happy that you were able to locate your paternal roots.
No doubt you would have been overjoyed.
Excellent Narration.
Keep it up.

Sridhar

sridhar1953

The river in front of the temple is Alaknanda and not Saraswthi.
River Saraswathi flows near Vyas Gupha in Mana Village.
By the by the traditional priests of Badrinath Temple hail from Kerala !!!

Sridhar

Seenawil

Seena, the honestly in your writing comes straight from the heart. It is heartening to know that you could connect back to your roots. It is more than a travelogue to me where you've shared the experiences of your life. I can only imagine the elation you must have felt when you met your extended family. Your experiences are so beautifully written that it transmits the reader to the place and moves them along with the narration. I am from Uttarakhand too and have thoroughly enjoyed your observations and intricate details about the place and its people. Simple, yet mesmerizing writing. Thanks for sharing!
EDIT : Rating it with 5 stars
Thank You Nishchaya for your kind words and the 5 star rating. It was really inspiring to know that my experiences has come out well through my writing. And great to know that you too are from Uttarakhand.

its not JADU'S Temple (may be typo mistake)
that is JHAKU Temple in shimla...(temple of lord hanuman...)
Thanks for pointing that out Anurag. I have corrected the error.

Seena,
Very well narrated. As I said earlier it was like reading an interesting novel that you don't want to leave until finished to the last page.
Thanks for your effort.
Henry
Thanks Henry. This is my 1st ever t-log and it was originally written in Malayalam. My nephew helped me translate this to English and he has done his very best to ensure that the originality of my narration is not lost in translation.

Excellent narration
enjoyed the log, thank you for sharing
Thank You aps.

Nice pics of Auli and Badrinath;). Good to see Badrinath after the July tragedy:). Whts the situation at Govinghat?
Thanks Rachit. I'm guessing that you might have missed the beginning of the log. This trip was done in May and not post the disastrous floods.

Excellent Start.

Sridhar
Happy that you were able to locate your paternal roots.
No doubt you would have been overjoyed.
Excellent Narration.
Keep it up.

Sridhar
Thank You. Yes I was indeed overjoyed to go to my Papa's house.

The river in front of the temple is Alaknanda and not Saraswthi.
River Saraswathi flows near Vyas Gupha in Mana Village.
By the by the traditional priests of Badrinath Temple hail from Kerala !!!

Sridhar
Thank You for pointing out that mistake. I have corrected the same. Maybe I heard our Captain wrong when he told me about the river. And yes I have heard about the Mallu priests at the Badrinath temple. Missed out on writing about that :)

Wonderful narration, beautiful pics.
Thanks hiambuj.

Excellent and emotive narration and nice pictures ! A nice log.
Thank You rdp. Glad that you enjoyed it.

John Mathai

john-the wanderer
Excellent travel story... :)
One can express his/her feelings/thoughts truly through mothertounge only; that's why this story touches the heart of many, mine included... :)

Seenawil

Excellent travel story... :)
One can express his/her feelings/thoughts truly through mothertounge only; that's why this story touches the heart of many, mine included... :)
Thank You Jon Mathai. Yes you are right our Mother tongue does bring out the best in us Good/Bad :)

Glad to know that my Travelogue could touch the hearts of many and God willing I hope to pen down more of them.

Seenawil

Update

The news of Cloudburst & floods were very disturbing to me. I really wanted to do something to help the hapless victims. Few days back I had to travel to Delhi and used that opportunity to hop once again to Dehradun and met BCMT member Tilak Soni who was kind enough to pick me from the Railway station. And I was happy to handover my small contribution to him to help the victims.

He was also kind enough to drop me to Mr Suresh Babu’s house. Suresh hails from Kodungallur, Kerala and is known to me through a common friend. He works as a Project Manager for NABARD and his wonderful family were kind enough to host me for 2 days. I also found time to visit my Dad’s house once again and was lucky enough to meet my 2 cousins who gave me a warm welcome.

IMG_20130901_092815.jpg

L-R - Mr Suresh, Tilak Soni & Me.

IMG_20130903_192925.jpg

With Suresh's family.