CNG Compliance Plate

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
CNG Compliance Plate
A recent announcement by IGL Ltd., It'd be mandatory now for every CNG fed vehicle to display a "CNG Compliance Plate" near the 'filling point' to get CNG for your car.
I checked it with my CNG installer, and he is asking for :r:250 and 1-1.5 hours for this job! Is it okay? Are they authorized to collect :r:250 for that plate?

1.jpg

2.jpg

tintin63

Guru
Authorized or not, now that they know that this is mandatory and will be in demand, there is no way they'll let go of an opportunity to milk people further.

medpal

Here in Gujarat we have such a policy for quite a long time, instead of fixed plate a time bound bar coded sticker is applied on windshield.

Before filing a scanning of same is done and if approved only then the filling is continued.

eklavya

CNG Compliance Plate
A recent announcement by IGL Ltd., It'd be mandatory now for every CNG fed vehicle to display a "CNG Compliance Plate" near the 'filling point' to get CNG for your car.
I checked it with my CNG installer, and he is asking for :r:250 and 1-1.5 hours for this job! Is it okay? Are they authorized to collect :r:250 for that plate?

View attachment 374853

View attachment 374854
Dear brother
i have got CNG kit for my wagon r from madhya pradesh and there is neither compliance plate sort of thing nor they know about it. Now i am driving my vehicle in delhi . kindly let me know from which place can i get compliance plate for my vehicle. plz provide me some address with contact no. i put up in noida.

regards:(:confused:

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@Eklavya:
Even I'm dumbfounded on this new regulation! :(
Each and every authorised CNG Fitment Center is out for making money on this regulation. IMO, they should provide it FOC to all CNG vehicles with proper bills.

I don't understand the logic of charging money from CNG users for this, when they had already paid for everything while buying the kit. :mad:

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
I had a word with my CNG fitter, as per him this ruling has lot of flaws and hence cannot be implemented atleast in the current format. As if anything goes wrong, dealer will be held responsible. Also govt. has been suspiciously pro-active in advertising and making it compulsory without getting into integrities of implementation. Hence the CNG fitting dealers association is in talks with the govt and will update once they reach to some conclusion.
However as per my dealer, it will be free of cost for us.

Viny

Here in Gujarat we have such a policy for quite a long time, instead of fixed plate a time bound bar coded sticker is applied on windshield.

Before filing a scanning of same is done and if approved only then the filling is continued.
Well you belong to one of the fast developing and high tech city of country and not to say being part of Gujarat, this is expected, use of technology at best.
Recently read that now cctv monitors traffic and sends violations challans at home with photo proof which has to paid in bank.

medpal

Well you belong to one of the fast developing and high tech city of country and not to say being part of Gujarat, this is expected, use of technology at best.
Recently read that now cctv monitors traffic and sends violations challans at home with photo proof which has to paid in bank.
Yes Surat is fast being installed with CCTV cameras at prominent and busy traffic junctions.
But the problem is fast development, growth and all those things are not being reflected in people`s minds, one of the worst area to drive around with minimal driving sense.

Viny

Its takes time for society to change compared to pace at with economical growth happens, I think with the help of technology and social compliance forces, things will change for better :)

Its not at all a long, tedious or expensive job. I've got one on my car. Will post the pic in the evening. Got it done FOC, not by the one who fitted CNG on my car. I had given the car to my brother-in-law and he got it done on both cars from the dealer who had installed CNG kit on his car.