CNG Compliance Plate

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Its not at all a long, tedious or expensive job. I've got one on my car. Will post the pic in the evening. Got it done FOC, not by the one who fitted CNG on my car. I had given the car to my brother-in-law and he got it done on both cars from the dealer who had installed CNG kit on his car.
Vikas isn't it very risky on the dealer's end. Imagine the worst case scenario, god forbidden, if your car meets any accident/catches fire or something terrible happens, which may be blamed on poor maintenance of CNG kit, the dealer who has given the plate, will be held responsible for the same and on event of negligence even its authorisation can be revoked.

Vikas isn't it very risky on the dealer's end. Imagine the worst case scenario, god forbidden, if your car meets any accident/catches fire or something terrible happens, which may be blamed on poor maintenance of CNG kit, the dealer who has given the plate, will be held responsible for the same and on event of negligence even its authorisation can be revoked.
He must have checked the kit and installation before agreeing to put a plate, I presume. He is an old acquaintance of my BIL.

ToughGuy

Went to Teesta Greater Noida which is a authorized center for CNG cylinder hydrostatic test with one my friend yesterday. Reached there at around 9:15AM and whole process took 2 hours with certificate in hand. Paid 1000 bucks for testing since same is require after completion of 5 years of the CNG cylinder. Next testing will be due after 3 years and life of one CNG cylinder is 20 Years. Cylinder installed after Dec'12 will require first testing after 3 years, one can find due date written on CNG cylinder too.

They will courier the compliance plate after a week time, but same will not valid for Delhi registered vehicle as per the new ruling, my friend will have to purchase compliance plate from local CNG Kit vendor which are quoting 300-500 bucks for a plate.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Yesterday I also took the plunge and got the CNG Compliance Plate fitted to my car.

I got it done from CMP Automobiles in Mayur Vihar @ :r:250. I got my CNG kit installed from them more than 1.5 years back.

It was just a 10 minutes job, and got the tuning of my Kit done too in that much of time!

This morning while refilling CNG in car, confirmed it with pump guy as if this would suffice for getting unhindered fillings for gas from 01st June onwards! :grin:

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
It happens only in India!
Yes, as expected... earlybirds are duped again. :mad:

The deadline set earlier (01st June, 2013) is revoked and a new one is being followed which is 31st July, 2013.

Many people in my circle had got the CCP fitted in their cars, giving due respect to instructions given by authorities. But as always, they went lenient again.
Somehow I feel cheated. :eek:

Why are you feeling cheated? It'll have to be done anyway. CNG as alternate fuel is not being endorsed on RCs without this Compliance Plate. When I got the CNG kit installed, no CCP was needed to get it endorsed on RC but when I tried to do it (after over a year), it was needed and hence I had to get it fitted. I mean my BIL got it done for me.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Vikas,
Now I can say, I'm not 'feeling' cheated... but I'm actually cheated by an authorized CNG Fitment Center!

CCP.jpg

The instructions issued by Govt. say that Fitment Center should not charge any money for this plate.

The center from where I got it fitted, didn't gave me any receipt either and charged me :r:250! :eek:

Vikas,
Now I can say, I'm not 'feeling' cheated... but I'm actually cheated by an authorized CNG Fitment Center!

View attachment 389759

The instructions issued by Govt. say that Fitment Center should not charge any money for this plate.

The center from where I got it fitted, didn't gave me any receipt either and charged me :r:250! :eek:
Didn't I tell you and posted here that this job on my car was done FOC, even though this particular dealer/installer hadn't done the job on my car. Nobody (including you) paid any heed to it and simply ended up spending anything from 250-500 INR for this job. Its not about the money but ethics and principles.