Coimbatore – Malampuzha half day touring

barathee

@Anup :

you found my sony!! :cool:

snow/cloud - road is covered by snow and hills by cloud.

Thanks for your feedback and correcting me!

barathee

@KurtRules : kerala is unique. Nice to know that you are so fascinated by South. But beware, northees will have food problems here.

Thanks for the reply!

ramkya1

While returning I took the short cut road, which I missed earlier. This lonely road goes through dense forests, in some places there is no sun light!!! I was thinking like if somebody come and beat me enough to kidnap my glady ha ha!.
Bharthee,

Lovely little travalogue with cute pictures and details.

Brought back lots of memories of Palakkad and times spent treking the Dhoni Hills and Malamuzha hills and also biking around there.

I know the road that goes from Malampuzha towards Kanjikode, never taken it, heard it's a lovely drive thro. forests. While coming from Coimbatore I tried to spot the right turn off on NH47 to Malampuzha, but could not find it. Can you give some co-ordinates as to how many KM after Walayar etc., it should be a T-joint?

=====

Last edited:

barathee

@ramkya1: thanks for the cute reply. anybody who is new to that place will miss that T junction at Kanjikode. While coming from Walayar, as soon as you reach Kanjikode, there will be a bank in your left hand side (bank of india/IOB i am not sure), there you need to take the right cut. poor guys, they dint have even a sign board. Thats why I missed it.

Try with Google Map, it correctly points out the route. alas, google map provide any names of places in kerala as they have in Tamilnadu. (I couldn't find even Kanjikode in the map. it's just a blind T jn)

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: