Complaint about WANGNOO boat house

Ramesh Rathee

I am writing this letter to draw your kind attention to the issue of inappropriate behavior and inefficient management of Wangnoo House boat services, Nagin Lake, Srinagar. The thing is that, just recently (6th-10th July) I have finished a trip to Srinagar with my entire family. The initial phase of our trip we spent in Jamal resort, which was outstanding in their services and hosting, where the staff was quite polite and cooperative in all possible ways.

After the soothing experience of Jamal Resort, we proceeded to the Wangnoo house boat services for a night, which we had booked earlier online. Although the interior provided was attractive and seemed luxurious, we experienced several episodes of humiliation, insult and frustration during entire stay. The services provided there, in contrast to Jamal resort, were quite poor and inefficient. The staff, being so rude and unhelpful, didn’t even ask for a glass of water and served poorly cooked meals whole time. In reaction, when we tried to approach the owner of houseboat, he completely denied to have a conversation. The next day morning proved to be further dramatic when the owner, rather than listening to us, insulted the whole family and talked rudely with us. As a result of whole incident, the breakfast was served late (11 AM),in the Breakfast include bread, omlet,jam and butter, prantha and curd was not served after requested him so many Times and ruderly denied, followed by a threat to keep our luggage and he give us extra kacha bill,we demand for the pka bill but he didnt turn ears to our request it shows that he is not paying service tax to the government. This is against the country ethic The Atithi Devo Bhav.His behaviour is the stigma at the J.K tourism
Sir, in this regard I would really appreciate if some immediate action could be taken in this direction.So that the image of srinager should not be spoil
This tour is booked by name of Sushila Rana,having two family including Mine.

Ramesh Rathee

sonipat,haryana