Confusion about taxi hire in Leh/Ladakh

gopal.aga

Dear members,

I am planning trip to Ladakh and am confused about the "Only Leh Taxis being allowed in Leh" rule.

So if I am planning a Srinagar to Ladakh trip, is it not possible to hire a car from Srinagar for entire trip? Will I need to hire a Leh taxi when in Leh? What is the solution for this?

Thanks.
Gopal Agarwal.

AnupamR

Super User
AFAIK, you need to hire taxi from Leh for sight seeing.

Please consider hiring a Leh registered taxi in Srinagar and there would be no problem, he will take you to Leh and drop you back in Srinagar and cover all sight seeing in Leh.

There are threads where you will find contact info of Leh taxi owners/drivers.

Dear members,

I am planning trip to Ladakh and am confused about the "Only Leh Taxis being allowed in Leh" rule.

So if I am planning a Srinagar to Ladakh trip, is it not possible to hire a car from Srinagar for entire trip? Will I need to hire a Leh taxi when in Leh? What is the solution for this?

Thanks.
Gopal Agarwal.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Dear members,

Thanks.
Gopal Agarwal.
You can go from Srinagar to Leh or back to Srinagar only.
Or, you can call Leh taxi to Srinagar also to take you from there.
or
You can go from Manali to Leh or back to Manali only.
No Diversion allowed by Kargil or Leh Taxi Union.
This is a simple rule and many clashes are also reported about this in the news also.

Take taxi to Leh, if they are ok to go.
Leave it at hotel in Leh.
Take Taxi from Leh for other areas with Permits applied.
You can't even goto Khardungla on a Srinagar Taxi.