Connecting Smartphone with TV

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Hi,

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV bought in 2011. It has HDMI but no USB. I wish to connect any or all of below phones to the TV to play games or watch movies.

1) Le Eco 2
2) Redmi 4
3) Lumia 925 (preferable as its lying idle)
4) Yu Yuphoria

I don't have WiFi internet at home which please note.

Thanks

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
I am using a Google Chromecast (2.0, I guess) with my LG TV for past several months.
It's super easy to configure and start. It needs a WiFi router as an interface between TV and other devices.
It doesn't need an internet connection to use the "Mirroring" function. In mirroring, the voice also gets transferred to TV, and you can control the volume from mobile phone itself.

If you have a spare WiFi router, you can buy a Chromecast and start Mirroring your phones on to your TV.
If in future you subscribes for an unlimited broadband connection, you can utilise the full potential of Chromecast.

It costed me :r: 3,500 from Flipkart.

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
Hi,

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV bought in 2011. It has HDMI but no USB. I wish to connect any or all of below phones to the TV to play games or watch movies.

1) Le Eco 2
2) Redmi 4
3) Lumia 925 (preferable as its lying idle)
4) Yu Yuphoria

I don't have WiFi internet at home which please note.

Thanks
First of all the things i need to clarify..

1. For casting local contents (store in Mobile phone) you don't need active internet connection..

2. What you need is dual band wifi box which cost you not more than 2000/- ..

3. I am using Google Chromecast with same setup since last one year on my 5 years old lcd.

4. Before purchasing above ..just check mirror / castings features available on your mobile ..

If you are not interested to spend 3500/- on Chromecast check below link... But again you must need WiFi device its act like bridge between you lcd n mobile.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Prasham

Can I use my extra cellphone as WiFi Router? I have a Lumia 925 (win 8.1) lying around.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@Prasham :
No idea about using cellphone as a router in this case.

One more thing:
We bought a cheaper Anycast device [to save money over another Chromecast] for another TV in our home. We wasted our 2 hours trying to get it connected to router. Tried n number of tricks from Youtube, nothing worked out. We returned the device to Amazon and got a refund.
We'll be buying another Chromecast soon! :)

Prasham

Entire motive to connect the Cellphone to TV is to be able to play video files on mobile. Is there another device which can read a pen drive or a memory card and can play the video files on TV?

jammbuster

Entire motive to connect the Cellphone to TV is to be able to play video files on mobile. Is there another device which can read a pen drive or a memory card and can play the video files on TV?
simple one word answer "NO"... until you have usb port in your lcd .. or any type of converter.

jammbuster

@Prasham :
No idea about using cellphone as a router in this case.

One more thing:
We bought a cheaper Anycast device [to save money over another Chromecast] for another TV in our home. We wasted our 2 hours trying to get it connected to router. Tried n number of tricks from Youtube, nothing worked out. We returned the device to Amazon and got a refund.
We'll be buying another Chromecast soon! :)
I got Chromecast in 2100/- in billon day sale of flipkart