Connecting Smartphone with TV

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
wow....that's great ....
You can still get unused Chromecast at cheaper rates on olx.
Most people do not use it.
Accessories are for show off only for most people.
Very few are hardcore users.

Take Router (who ordered mistakenly thinking it as a modem) from olx at much cheaper rates.

Many accessories are available at cheaper rates on olx lying unused with many users. .

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Instead of Chromecast, go for Amazon Fire Stick. Since it can actually cast Amazon Prime, which isn't possible with Chromecast.
But then Fire Stick requires an electric wall adapter, whereas Chromecast can run using the USB port.
Also, Fire Stick is feasible only in TVs with a decent space at back from wall coz it's not flexible. Chromecast is flexible as it is dangling from a cord.
Reference image:

I guess Amazon Prime can run on mobile, thus mirroring can take care of it.

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
Instead of Chromecast, go for Amazon Fire Stick. Since it can actually cast Amazon Prime, which isn't possible with Chromecast.
Yeah, better than chromecast I believe. Couple of days back saw this product being sold for Rs3500/-at Reliance Mall, Dwarka Sector 13. At amazon.in, same is being sold for 3999.

Admin01

Administrator
But then Fire Stick requires an electric wall adapter, whereas Chromecast can run using the USB port.
Also, Fire Stick is feasible only in TVs with a decent space at back from wall coz it's not flexible. Chromecast is flexible as it is dangling from a cord.

I guess Amazon Prime can run on mobile, thus mirroring can take care of it.
It is recommended to run Chromecast with adapter, instead of USB port.

Yeah, better than chromecast I believe. Couple of days back saw this product being sold for Rs3500/-at Reliance Mall, Dwarka Sector 13. At amazon.in, same is being sold for 3999.
Yes, it is even being bundled with TVs these days.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Can I use a spare cellphone to create Hotspot and connect Amazon Fire Stick? Also is it capable of screen mirroring (or what ever its called)?

Admin01

Administrator
Why so? Need to know for my understanding...
Power adapter for the Chromecast is 1Amp, while the USB supplies 500mAh. Additionally, each time you switch off TV from the remote, it will likely stop supplying power to Chromecast, this is great if you don't switch off TV from the outlet, but bad if you do it more regularly, since it will mean more power cycles for the Chromecast and on top of it, if it is in the middle of installing update and someone switches off the TV, it can end up corrupting the firmware.

Can I use a spare cellphone to create Hotspot and connect Amazon Fire Stick? Also is it capable of screen mirroring (or what ever its called)?
Absolutely. It works exactly like Chromecast, just that it is sold by Amazon and can cast Amazon Prime.