Could i have some help, please?

earthian

Wanderer
Just a quick update: Had a bereavement in the family and was out of BCMT for quite some time. Things have settled down now and am picking off where i left off. Seems like the trip to UK during the 2nd fortnight of March is still on. With inputs from members have shortlisted the following locations, till now (in no particular order)
  • Bimsar
  • Mayawati Ashram
  • Munsyari
  • Badrinath
  • Joshimutt
  • Kedarnath
  • Rishikesh
  • Haridwar
  • Jim Corbett Park
More could emerge. As i mentioned, we would drive down (up?) from A'Bad. Would like to avoid Delhi and have gone on the A'Bad-Udaipur-Jaipur-Agra route u(m)pteen times and would like to use a new route and take the opportunity to see new attractions. Possibilities are A'Bad-Jodhpur-Bikaner-Kurukshetra and then UK or A'Bad-Jodhpur-Patiala and then onward to UK or what else?
Secondly, what other places to see in UK? We like to stay in off the beaten path places ( but no trek requirement and those accessible by road), nice, clean home stays preferred. I note that many have opined that KMVNL properties are quite good now, having been revamped/refurbished.
Lastly, what should be the route to follow with UK given the above.

ps: Mid march may not be possible for Badrinath/Kedarnath, is it?

vj81

Just a quick update: Had a bereavement in the family and was out of BCMT for quite some time. Things have settled down now and am picking off where i left off. Seems like the trip to UK during the 2nd fortnight of March is still on. With inputs from members have shortlisted the following locations, till now (in no particular order)
  • Bimsar
  • Mayawati Ashram
  • Munsyari
  • Badrinath
  • Joshimutt
  • Kedarnath
  • Rishikesh
  • Haridwar
  • Jim Corbett Park
More could emerge. As i mentioned, we would drive down (up?) from A'Bad. Would like to avoid Delhi and have gone on the A'Bad-Udaipur-Jaipur-Agra route u(m)pteen times and would like to use a new route and take the opportunity to see new attractions. Possibilities are A'Bad-Jodhpur-Bikaner-Kurukshetra and then UK or A'Bad-Jodhpur-Patiala and then onward to UK or what else?
Secondly, what other places to see in UK? We like to stay in off the beaten path places ( but no trek requirement and those accessible by road), nice, clean home stays preferred. I note that many have opined that KMVNL properties are quite good now, having been revamped/refurbished.
Lastly, what should be the route to follow with UK given the above.

ps: Mid march may not be possible for Badrinath/Kedarnath, is it?
Cannot comment on route you can take to avoid Delhi and not take Jaipur Agra route as well. If you do take it, Here is how I would suggest, Jaipur onwards:
Jaipur - Bharatpur (Bird Sanctuary) - Agra - Bareilly - Khatima - Tanakpur (Enter UK from Tanakpur Side).
Tanakpur - Mayawati Ashram - Pithoragarh
Pithoragarh - Munsiyari
Munsiyari - Chaukori
Chaukrori - Binsar
Binsar - Shitlakhet/Kausani
Now, you will need to take a call, If you wish to go to Jim Corbett, it will a detour before heading to Garhwal side. Else,
Shitlakhet/Kausani - KarnaPrayag
KarnaPrayag - Joshimath
Joshimath - Auli/Badrinath
Badrinath - Chopta/Dugalbitta/Kedarnath
Chopta - Rishikesh, onward to Haridwar. After that you can decide route back to Ahmedabad.

I don't think that you will be able to go to Badrinath/Kedarnath in mid-march. In any case, temples will not be open, for sure. They open in end April/beginning May.

Happy Traveling
VJ

earthian

Wanderer
Cannot comment on route you can take to avoid Delhi and not take Jaipur Agra route as well. If you do take it, Here is how I would suggest, Jaipur onwards:
Jaipur - Bharatpur (Bird Sanctuary) - Agra - Bareilly - Khatima - Tanakpur (Enter UK from Tanakpur Side).
Tanakpur - Mayawati Ashram - Pithoragarh
Pithoragarh - Munsiyari
Munsiyari - Chaukori
Chaukrori - Binsar
Binsar - Shitlakhet/Kausani
Now, you will need to take a call, If you wish to go to Jim Corbett, it will a detour before heading to Garhwal side. Else,
Shitlakhet/Kausani - KarnaPrayag
KarnaPrayag - Joshimath
Joshimath - Auli/Badrinath
Badrinath - Chopta/Dugalbitta/Kedarnath
Chopta - Rishikesh, onward to Haridwar. After that you can decide route back to Ahmedabad.

I
Thanks VJ. Why not the other way around? Enter from Haridwar and exit from Tanakpur? Just curious.

vj81

I have made a tentative plan and would solicit suggestions:

View attachment 705585
View attachment 705589
Looks good. Few suggestions:
1. Chopta will have lots of snow and no hotel will be open. You can get accommodation at Duggalbhitta (6-7 kms before Chopta). Another thing to keep in mind is that Google Map, shows 2 different Chopta (you would be better served looking for Duggalbhitta, as Chopta is about 6-7 Kms from thr via Baniyakund). Be careful about going to the right one. One you should be going to is about an hour or so from Ukhimath. Chopta/Duggalbitta to Sari should be about 10-15 kms (not 73). Hence, I feel, you may have wrong Chopta tagged.
2. Instead of Gwaldam, you should look to stay at Kausani. Although, it will add few kms to the trip, but Gwaldam has little or no views. Day 10 should be Sari-Kausani (190km)
3. For Munsyari on day 11, don't take the route that you have tagged as roads are quite bad, go through Gwaldam/Kausani - Bageshwar - Chaukori - Thal - Birthi Fall - Kalamuni Top - Munsiyari. This way you may want to break journey at Chaukori (believe me, you will not regret staying at Chaukori for a day).
4. Day 14 - This is going to be a long day. Google doesn't do justice when it says only 6.20 hrs. Also, You may want to check another route from Munsyari. There is a route from Munsyari To Pithoragarh(onward to Mayawati) via Madkot. This goes along Gauri Ganga, and it is one of the most scenic routes in Kumaon. Although, check for road conditions in Munsyari, before taking this route. If you do take the route you have planned, you may want to stop at Patal Bhuvnashwar caves.
5. Haven't taken the Mayawati - Pangoot route, so cannot comment. But Pangoot is a nice place.

Have fun