Could i have some help, please?

adsatinder

explorer
According to this map,
you can move from
Corbett >> Ranikhet >> Kausani >> Bageshwar >>Munsiyari >> Binsar >> Jageshwar >> Mukteshwar >> Naukuchiatal / Any Hilly area or in Plains :

Kumaon Map tourists.jpg

Experts can tell better about these places and stay options.

vj81

So the plan to drive from Ahmedabad to Uttrakand has still not materialised. First i had a bereavement in the family. Next i was down with a bad infection. Other trips and visits took up time. Now i am as determined as ever to do the trip starting October.
Plan is as follows:
  1. Ahmedabad-Jaipur-Bharatpur-Ramnagar-Ranikhet-Binsar-Munsiyari.
  2. Munsiyari-Narayan Ashram-Mayawati Ashram-?
Would our members kindly guide on the following:
  1. Would like to spend 3 days in Jim Corbett Park, preferably within the forest. I know that the core zones may be closed, but what about other zones?
  2. How is the Binsar Forest retreat? Else what other good stay options?
  3. How is Himalayan Glamping in Munsiyari? If not then is KMVN property good? I would like dark areas to do a bit of night photography.
  4. How is Narayan Ashram to experience some quiet Ashram life? Mayawati Ashram?
  5. Any other place we can go on the way or nearby? We (My wife and i) shall be driving from Ahmedabad and time is not a constraint.
  6. What after Mayawati Ashram?
Jaipur is a night halt only. Bharatpur for the birds. Ramnagar is the wish to spend a few days at Corbett. Ranikhet to spend time with friends who would be there at that time. Binsar, since there have been good reviews. Munsiyari since i always wanted to go there. The Ashrams since we would like to partake in Ashram life.

Any places that should be a "must visit"?
Would suggest the following route:
Ramnagar - Ranikhet (stay) - Binsar (stay) - Chaukori (stay) - Munsyari (stay) - Dharchula (stay, explore Narayan Ashram)

Some other info:
- Not sure about core zones in Jim Corbett, but u can stay at any resort and book jeeps for safari.
- At Raniket, stay at KMVN chiliyanaula. Excellent views and good rooms and food. Little away from town (3-4 kms)
- Binsar, definitely stay at KMVN Binsar. Excellent views and u can do birding in the morning in the nearby forest. U will definitely be able to do night photography, since there is no electricity at the resort. They do provide couple of hours of electricity at night (6pm to 8 pm)
- From Binsar, go to Chaukori and stay at KMVN Chaukori. Again excellent views.
- Munsyari, KMVN is good not sure about the resort that you have mentioned.
- Haven't explored the ashrams, so cannot really comment on the same.

earthian

Wanderer
Thank you for sharing your views.

Would suggest the following route:
Ramnagar - Ranikhet (stay) - Binsar (stay) - Chaukori (stay) - Munsyari (stay) - Dharchula (stay, explore Narayan Ashram)
So you recommend a halt at Chaukori and not do Binsar-Munsiyari in one go? Seems sensible. Secondly, why do you recommend that we stay at Dharchula instead of Narayan Ashram?

Binsar, definitely stay at KMVN Binsar. Excellent views and u can do birding in the morning in the nearby forest. U will definitely be able to do night photography, since there is no electricity at the resort. They do provide couple of hours of electricity at night (6pm to 8 pm)
Thanks. That was helpful.

mousourik

Who Am I
Munsyari to Narayan Swami Ashram via Madkot-Jauljibi-Dharchula may not be possible in one day. Road condition is not good. There might be landslides after Tawaghat. In fact, that is the reason we could not go there. Also, could not find any working contact number of the Ashram.

Would love to see that someone has made it.

earthian

Wanderer
Munsyari to Narayan Swami Ashram via Madkot-Jauljibi-Dharchula may not be possible in one day. Road condition is not good. There might be landslides after Tawaghat. In fact, that is the reason we could not go there.
Thanks. When were you there?

wonderfull

I have been in Gujarat for 5 days trip and believe me, its the best place to settle down.

If you are the one who like to stay close to nature and city, without spending huge amount on property then Gujarat is the best.

I have been in Ahmadabad (its going to be mini-mumbai soon), Vadodara (small town with very good infrastructure) and Anand (its a very small town but can easily bit many capital city, surrounded with lots of natural places, trees and tourist spot).

I will be shifting to Anand in coming few years (crossing my finger)

earthian

Wanderer
So the program:
A'Bad-Jaipur-Bharatpur.(halt at Jaipur)
Bharatpur-Ramnagar-Ranikhet.
Ranikhet-Binsar.
Binsar-Chaukori-Munsiyari. (halt at Chaukori)
Munsiyari-Narayan Ashram (Dharchula): Is this possible in one day? @mousourik says the roads are not good. Any update? What alternate road and do we have to stay somewhere enroute? Possibilities?
Dharchula-Mayavati Ashram. Is this doable in one day? We don't like to drive more than 4-5 hours max on such roads. If not, then where to break journey?
Back to A'bad from Mayavati.

All suggestions and advise welcome.

I have been in Gujarat for 5 days trip and believe me, its the best place to settle down.

If you are the one who like to stay close to nature and city, without spending huge amount on property then Gujarat is the best.

I have been in Ahmadabad (its going to be mini-mumbai soon), Vadodara (small town with very good infrastructure) and Anand (its a very small town but can easily bit many capital city, surrounded with lots of natural places, trees and tourist spot).

I will be shifting to Anand in coming few years (crossing my finger)
I visited Ahmedabad in April this year, and was amazed by it.
Even i thought that this is the place to live and retire peacefully.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk