Could i have some help, please?

earthian

Wanderer
Where have all our regulars got off to? It seems only 10-12 members log in every day. Yogesh (God rest his soul) would definitely not feel happy, that's for sure.

Made a first cut plan to start from Ahmedabad around September 15 ( Hope things shall become normal by then)

Could the experts kindly opine as to what could be included and what may be deleted? Shall do Spiti Valley if conditions are good.

Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 16.53.56.jpg
Map.jpg

Theloststory

I find your route through Punjab very interesting. Would love to see your trip report on that.
But I suggest keep your plans flexible. We don’t know I which way the pandemic is headed. Hearing of increased cases in Himachal every day.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Where have all our regulars got off to? It seems only 10-12 members log in every day. Yogesh (God rest his soul) would definitely not feel happy, that's for sure.
Just observed it... I hope moderators and senior members take a note of it and make it more active. I will try to chip in more often for a while and see if I can help.

Made a first cut plan to start from Ahmedabad around September 15 ( Hope things shall become normal by then)
Going by the daily figures, I doubt if we shall see things normalizing before November. Hence staying in hotels and eating out could be highly risky in my opinion.

Could the experts kindly opine as to what could be included and what may be deleted? Shall do Spiti Valley if conditions are good.
Your plan seems fairly relaxed and doable. If you venture into Spiti, do keep an eye on weather as you may face lockout for a day or two due to erratic snowfall, especially between Manali and Kaza.

earthian

Wanderer
Just observed it... I hope moderators and senior members take a note of it and make it more active. I will try to chip in more often for a while and see if I can help.
Yes, we all should try and do that. There is not much that the moderators can do. They can only ensure that the forum rules are adhered to and ensure quality of posts and threads. Such a shame that a site built so painstakingly by Yogesh- with great and useful content- should slowly wither away. The forum belongs to the owners/administrators as much as it does to the members. If the content is poor or members absent, the site becomes a dump. Similarly, if the owners/administrators do not ensure quality control of content or the hardware, over a period of time, the forum dies.

Hope the new owners and/or administrators are reading this- and have the will to take appropriate action. Possibly we should have a separate thread to discuss this.

Thanks, by the way, for your suggestions.

adsatinder

explorer

View attachment 789254View attachment 789255
Forget Spiti

And
Situation is
The Locals are opposing even Minister of State also.
A case is filed earlier by Police.

No one should think to enter Spiti at all this year or till the fear of Corona is gone in Spiti.

Shimla side till Rampur is ok to go.
Not ahead at all.

Manali
Mcleodganj
Type commercial places are ok to go.

These lesser known or less touristy places are not good as people feel threatened.

Chamba
Sach Pass
Jot Pass
Etc are not ok and people may not welcome you like they do at normal times.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Tribal women stop HP agriculture minister from entering home district over violation of quarantine norms
Himachal Agriculture and Tribal Welfare Minister Ram Lal Markanda was on Tuesday stopped from entering his home district by the locals who accused him of violating quarantine rules set up by the tribal women.
ADVERTISEMENT

Manjeet Sehgal ChandigarhJune 9, 2020UPDATED: June 9, 2020 23:31 IST

Women work in a field in Himachal Pradesh's Spiti valley amid nationwide lockdown due to coronavirus outbreak. (File photo: PTI)

Himachal Agriculture and Tribal Welfare Minister Ram Lal Markanda was on Tuesday stopped from entering his home district by the locals who accused him of violating quarantine rules set up by the tribal women.
The minister, according to the local administration, was on an official visit to the Lahaul Spiti subdivision Kaza when he was stopped by the locals.
Ramlal Markanda was forced to leave the district as locals staged protest by shouting shouted slogans against the local administration and the state government.
The angry tribal women, who did not allow Markanda to enter Kaza, said they were worried about the spread of coronavirus and were strictly following the quarantine norms.
Protesters said that they have set up their own quarantine norms to control the spread of coronavirus in the valley and nobody is allowed to violate the same, whosoever he/she might be.
Kaza Mahila Mandal President Dolma Devi said that if the minister was allowed to violate quarantine norms, others would follow him and bring coronavirus to the valley.

adsatinder

explorer
Angry women send back Himachal minister from Lahaul-Spiti for violating quarantine norms
•Jun 9, 2020

The Tribune

168K subscribers

#Lahaul&Spiti #AngryWomen #MINISTERRETREATS

Read story here: https://tinyurl.com/ycyehvh4

Himachal Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Lal Markanda was on Tuesday not allowed to enter Lahaul and Spiti district's sub-divisional headquarters Kaza by tribal women who alleged he was violating quarantine rules framed by the local residents to check the spread of COVID-19.
The Tribune, now published from Chandigarh, started publication on February 2, 1881, in Lahore (now in Pakistan). It was started by Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, a public-spirited philanthropist, and is run by a trust comprising five eminent persons as trustees.

Reaction:
बहुत जबरदस्त ! इन सड़कछाप और मौकापरस्त नेताओं के साथ यही होना चाहिए! स्पीति घाटी की महिलाओं की एकता को सलाम है जिन्होंने राजनैतिक दवाब एवं डर को दरकिनार करते हुए एकजुट होकर अपने इलाके के हित के लिए आवाज़ उठाई है!
जय हिन्द
जय हिमाचल

adsatinder

explorer
Angry women send back Himachal minister from Lahaul-Spiti for violating quarantine norms

According to guidelines, only local residents are allowed to enter Kaza

Posted: Jun 09, 2020 06:57 PM (IST)

Updated : 1 month ago

Kinnaur, June 9

Himachal Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Lal Markanda was on Tuesday not allowed to enter Lahaul and Spiti district's sub-divisional headquarters Kaza by tribal women who alleged he was violating quarantine rules framed by the local residents to check the spread of COVID-19.

The angry tribal women held a protest near Kaza circuit house and raised slogans against the administration, forcing Markanda, who is also the MLA from Lahaul and Spiti, to return towards neighbouring Kinnaur district.
President of Mahila Mandal, Kaza, Dolma Devi and vice-president Chhering Dolma said the local residents came up with strict quarantine rules to control the spread of COVID-19 long before lockdown was imposed in the country.
According to the guidelines, only local residents are allowed to enter Kaza, they said.
Those coming from other parts of the state have to undergo 14-day quarantine and the minister was violating the norms, they alleged. PTI