Daily Life & Street Life

dichkaun

Fiery Conversations
--------------------------
Two men converse over a flaming coal fire oblivious of the danger of the paper (being used as a plate) catching fire.

Every year, Ramadan time presents a great opportunity to food lovers to indulge in some excellent non-vegetarian street food. There are street stall in several parts of the city and one can choose from a pick of locations.
It is also a great opportunity to do some night street photography. This year I hopped around from Shivaji Nagar, to MM Road on Frazer town to Bilal Masjid on Bannerghatta Road. As always the people were more interesting to photograph than the food.

The above picture was taken on the ground near Bilal Masjid. The guy in the purple shirt was expressing his displeasure over getting only two pieces of seekh-kebab per plate. As I was trying to take their picture, suddenly a gust of wind made the flames go up. Yet the conversation went on nonchalantly.

Link: Fiery Conversations

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 20/1.7, F/4.0, 1/125s, ISO800

razashaikh

A Passionate Photographer

Fiery Conversations
--------------------------
Two men converse over a flaming coal fire oblivious of the danger of the paper (being used as a plate) catching fire.

Every year, Ramadan time presents a great opportunity to food lovers to indulge in some excellent non-vegetarian street food. There are street stall in several parts of the city and one can choose from a pick of locations.
It is also a great opportunity to do some night street photography. This year I hopped around from Shivaji Nagar, to MM Road on Frazer town to Bilal Masjid on Bannerghatta Road. As always the people were more interesting to photograph than the food.

The above picture was taken on the ground near Bilal Masjid. The guy in the purple shirt was expressing his displeasure over getting only two pieces of seekh-kebab per plate. As I was trying to take their picture, suddenly a gust of wind made the flames go up. Yet the conversation went on nonchalantly.

Link: Fiery Conversations

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 20/1.7, F/4.0, 1/125s, ISO800
Indeed! Very well captured.

dichkaun

Monk's Cat
------------

An elderly monk plays with a cat at the Chorten Gonpa Monastery in Gangtok, Sikkim.

Also called Do-drul Chorten, the Chorten Gonpa Monastery is located near the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology ad Ropeway entrance.

The picture was taken when I was sitting next to the 108 prayer wheels when both tourists and monks were going around spinning the wheels. This lama was sitting across the ground from me reading a book. The cat then came up to him and rubbed her chin on his knees. They played for a while and then the cat ran off seeing a crowd of tourists.

Link: Monk’s Cat

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 12-40mm, F/2.8, 1/3200s, ISO200