Decent budget headphones for movies

Admin01

Administrator
I agree, but longevity was one of your criterion :)

Quality does come at a price, and this is German quality at that. :D

I remember paying 3.3K INR in Bangalore. I'm sure you'll get it for quite a bit cheaper if you get them from US.
Don't have anyone coming from US and ordering through agents would actually make it costlier and on top of everything, I won't really get any warranty.

Get the Senny HD202! Amazing lows, mids, 50mm bass driver (also found in some models of Creative!), you can even heard the gun shells dropping sound in Crysis 2 warhead, hardly audible in other HP!
Is it really that good? What is the sound card you are using and any amps?

Aseem

heard a lot about the good quality of Sennheiser from a lot of folks and over the internet too. Try online shopping you can really be able to find some awesome discounts on various models of Sennheiser.

Admin01

Administrator
I am only going to be using it at home with my computer, so need something which is a little more comfortable and noise insulating.

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I own the neckband PMX-60 and I'm still finding a match for the quality to compete in the range:) , by the way do you need only a headphone , why not a neckband?
The neckband is not really that comfortable. My iBall headphones (similar to the HD201/202) are much more comfortable to wear The Neckband needs some getting used to and has less noise isolation as well. Also it clips on to your upper outer ear (Helix).

Form factor. And the problem is not the form factor, it is the 'open air' design, which, in a way, Sennheiser pioneered!
If only you can press them a little more to your ears the bass deficiency will almost disappear!
People with larger heads (more brains? :rolleyes:) will find them to be less deficient on bass! The spring tension of the head band will keep them pressed tighter against the ears! :p
Great headphones, no doubt!
I totally agree about getting back the bass back on pressing to the ear thing. In fact at some point, I was looking for an elastic band to wear over the phones to give that additional pressure without having to press them with my hands all the while! And then somehow I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding! :D

Last edited:

Admin01

Administrator
Alright guys, finally decided to go for HD201 and ordered it through Ebay for Rs. 1209.6 (after discount and including shipping). Hope I didn't end up paying more than the market price.

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oops - just realized elastics don't last 3 years! Now, after the first use, it's just a long strip of cloth with Velcro sewn onto it! :(

Admin01

Administrator
Too bad, just take a long strip of cloth or maybe even a tie and tie that into a knot.

Btw guys, I guess I will need to burn these in, any idea for how many hours and which type of sound clips?