deciding on a middle class tourer/city bike

sabkaraja

Hi

I have been trying to close in on a bike for a couple of months. My primary use would be the daily commute (40 kms to & fro city+highway) and 1-2 day tours (one or two in a month). I have set out with a budget of 10L.

Plus I am looking forward to longer ones (one week plus trips). My height is 6-2 and like to have a bigger frame bike

I have test ridden:
Indian scout (good ride and handling & street presence, but priced way above budget)
Triumph tiger (too pricey)
Triumph Speedmaster (looks small on me. as with bullet)
HD StreetBob, fatbob (good street presence & features, but pricey)
Versys 650 (tall bike, comfortable for driver+pillion. BS4. not sure of long term ownership)
Interceptor / Continental GT (fun to drive, but apprehensive of tours, luggage and occasional pillion)

I am in two minds - get interceptor/GT and enjoy the ride and go in for a bigger cruiser in 1-2 years

please give me your feedback and thoughts

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
If you can't decide for yourself, no one can do it for you.

Ultimately, it will be you who will be riding the bike. Why let someone else decide it.

Theloststory

If I were you, I would go for a Kawasaki Versys 650.
Well within your budget, Kawasaki service and maintenance is cheaper and more easily available than bikes like Indian Chief and perhaps Triumph Tiger X.

The Build quality is more refined than many others you mention. It’s performance is fantastic and it’s the best bike for touring, with its seating position, engineering and ability to add on luggage etc.

At a slightly lower end price I can also recommend the BMW GS310. Two friends have it and they are more than thrilled to have it.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Do have a test ride of the Suzuki XT650 -Will suit your frame better-all the Indian,Harley's and Triumph's you have mentioned are out of the budget anyway so why even bring them in the mental picture and create confusion.

But if you are considering the RE Twins,they are all the motorcycle you'll ever need-only point missing will be the bragging rights that come with a firangi bike ownership :) .
N if you have never ridden a KTM Duke390,do give it a long test ride too-you have love it's combination of light weight,excellent seat and pocket rocket performance.

sabkaraja

If you can't decide for yourself, no one can do it for you.

Ultimately, it will be you who will be riding the bike. Why let someone else decide it.
cant agree with you more. We make our purchases on the pros and cons. seeking owner feedback on bikes help everyone in general.

sabkaraja

Do have a test ride of the Suzuki XT650 -Will suit your frame better-all the Indian, Harley's and Triumph's you have mentioned are out of the budget anyway so why even bring them in the mental picture and create confusion.

But if you are considering the RE Twins, they are all the motorcycle you'll ever need-only point missing will be the bragging rights that come with a firangi bike ownership :) .
N if you have never ridden a KTM Duke390, do give it a long test ride too-you have love its combination of light weight, excellent seat and pocket rocket performance.

not much of a fan of Dukes - no offence to the fans! I like RE for its simplicity, throttle & cost. Versys is a package (and I wish they added bit more like traction control for the price).

ravinigam

cant agree with you more. We make our purchases on the pros and cons. seeking owner feedback on bikes help everyone in general.
On dot. Check your own comfort and priorities rather than the Bike make. I would go for a pocket friendly bike with lots of service centers in the country. I am in Long Distance Solo Touring with some 40+ years of bike riding experience. And yes I am 58 years young now.

Ravi

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk