Delhi - Ahmedabad by bus?

setuniket

Take a Volvo to Udaipur and then to Ahmedabad, ho gaya. btw I also need help, coming to Gandhi Nagar for forensic conference in third week of jan, trying to pataofy for permission to take bike, or else which train? any option to hire bike in Ahd??

setuniket

Prasham, I forgot to mention yesterday, how about Delhi to Baroda\Godhra and connecting train to Ahemdabad . Amd-Vad isnt that far. Many options in Delhi- Mumbai route,you might even get confirm berth in any one of the trains.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
1) I am considering option of Vadodara too but the issue is same. No Railway Ticket is available.

2) I am not aware of any Bike Hiring/Rental Agency in Ahmedabad. But you can hire an Indica or similar for about Rs. 5/- per KM (min 300 km) and visit Rann. You might have to hire some local guy who could saw your the Rann. Moreover you can hire jeep from the village or nearby resorts.

3) Delhi-Ahmedabad/Vadodara route has lot of trains but it always jam packed.

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
My goodness, even I am planning to visit Ahemdabad next week and thought would get a train ticket easily (didn't travel in train for quite some yrs.) Never thought that it could be so tough. Though return is scheduled with a friend in his car

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Hey the tickets are available with Tatkal quota in Ashram express. Have to shell out some more bucks (150/- for sleeper and 300/- for 3AC) yet much convenient option as compared to Bus (that gives me nightmares for several days).

Last edited:

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
Can Tatkal be booked in advance? AFAIK the Tatkal counter used to open only 24 hours before departure! Maybe these days one can book online even earlier but then everyone is ready to pay something extra these days if tickets are available. So by that logic even Tatkal would be over in no time after regular quota is full.

Reminds me of good old days when a friend's father was a senior bureaucrat in Railways. Just buy a ticket, tell her the PNR number and voila! Seats confirmed irrespective of the waiting status of the PNR.

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Can Tatkal be booked in advance? AFAIK the Tatkal counter used to open only 24 hours before departure! Maybe these days one can book online even earlier but then everyone is ready to pay something extra these days if tickets are available. So by that logic even Tatkal would be over in no time after regular quota is full.
Yes amit, tatkal can be booked in 6 days in advance as far as online booking is concerned. Try doing that at IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation Site. and enter quota as tatkal, and you can book the tickets 6 days in advance.

For Ahemdabad I was getting 200+ waiting and in tatkal its around 225+ available. And it should be price diff. only which keep people at bay from booking in tatkal quota.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I thought we could book 5 days in advance but anyhow. My program has been altered. Now I am not booking my tickets for Delhi-Udaipur/Ahmedabad.

One informations that I want now is, Is there any Volvo running between Delhi-Udaipur?
RSTC or DTC doesn't have it & I don't know any of private operator in the area. Please help.