Delhi - Darjeeling - Sikkim (North and East) - West Bhutan - Delhi on a Motorcycle

Hi Fellow riders & travelers.

This is my first post here in BCM touring.

I am a happy owner of 2018 BSIV RE Himalayan Sleet and have traversed almost 12K kms in about 8 months.

I have been planning a ride to Sikkim & West Bhutan (Only west Bhutan because i have 16 days in hand) starting from Delhi on 11th April and planning to come back on 28th April.

On of my friend from Bengaluru will be joining me to this ride from Siliguri from 3rd day onwards till we come back to siliguri.

My itinerary as of now is as follows,

(Pls note : - all the distances are near approximates)

11th Apr - Delhi to Gorakhpur (via Agra, Lucknow) 780 kms
12th Apr - Gorakhpur to Siliguri (via Motihari, Muzaffarpur & Forbesganj) 640 kms
13th Apr - Siliguri to Darjeeling 70 kms
14th Apr - Darjeeling sightseeing
15th Apr - Darjeeling to gangtok (via Pelling & Ravangla) 230 kms
16th Apr - Gangtok to Lachen 110 kms
17th Apr - Lachen to Gurudongmor lake & return to Lachung 180 kms
18th Apr - Lachung to Zero point & return back to gangtok 210 kms
19th Apr - Gangtok sightseeing
20th Apr - Gangtok to Zuluk (via Nathula pass) 100 kms
21st Apr - Zuluk to Phuentsholing (Bhutan border) 240 kms
22nd Apr - Phuentsholing to Paro 160 kms
23rd Apr - Paro Sightseeing (Tiger's Nest)
24th Apr - Paro to Damthang via Chale La Pass and return back to Thimphu 200 kms
25th Apr - Thimphu sightseeing
26th Apr - Thimphu to Siliguri 320 kms
27th Apr - Siliguri to Gorakhpur 650 kms
28th Apr - Gorakhpur to Delhi 780 kms

I seek advice to this itinerary and necessary contacts to obtain permits in advance so that to avoid any delays only because of getting the permits. Also if there is any one who is planning the same on these dates are welcome to team up with us.

Also i need the best & safe route between Delhi and Siliguri which can be covered in 2 days (16 hours riding per day is fine)

Any advice is much appreciated in advance.

Cheers.

smoothwanderer

why don't you do a separate sikkim and bhutan tours. try sikkim this time and bhutan for a later date, then you have time to enjoy the ride and the place. it would also be safer as riding at breakneck speeds in unknown terrain would be calling for trouble.

why don't you do a separate sikkim and bhutan tours. try sikkim this time and bhutan for a later date, then you have time to enjoy the ride and the place. it would also be safer as riding at breakneck speeds in unknown terrain would be calling for trouble.
Yes, I think you are right. SO tell me how many days will it take to reach siliguri from Delhi.

smoothwanderer

not sure about delhi but from my place to siliguri would take 5 days of hard riding. according to google maps the distance to siliguri from delhi is 1440 kms so you can reach in 2 days.

gauravtalan

Thank you gauravtalan, Can you suggest me the ideal route from Delhi to Siliguri?? Keeping in mind the road conditions..
Fastest would be
Delhi to Faizabad via Lucknow
Faizabad to Muzaffarpur
Muzaffarpur to Siliguri

But if you want to explore the diverse Terai of Nepal, you can also take the following route. It's not the fastest but will certainly treat you with varied landscape and culture.

Delhi to Bardia via Bhimdatta
Bardiya to Bharatpur
Bharatpur to Siliguri