Delhi-Manali-Dharamshala-Amritsir itinarary help

Venugopal

Hello,

I am planning to a trip to Delhi-Manali-Dharamshala-Amritsir next week (24th sep to 2nd Oct)
Please check my itinerary and suggest best possible places/hotels/transport mode etc. I am travelling with my wife.
1) Reaching Delhi from hyderabad by flight on 24th morning. Planning to cover Akshardam temple, Red fort, India gate. Other places i can cover in this route in Delhi?? Not planning for a hotel
2) Start to Manali by bus on 24th evening
3) 25th morning, planing to cover Manali local sight seeing (Hadimba temple, Vashist hot springs, solang valley - do some adventure sports).. please suggest any other best spots and good budget hotels in Manali
4) 26th plan to visit Rohtang pass and come back to Manali
5) Here my biggest question. my Next drop is Dharamshala..
but can i want to cover Jwalamukhi temple or any other place on the way (optional unless it is must visit place)
Is it best to travel to Dharamshala on night or day, by bus or private taxi
How much private taxi may charge? is it safe for a couple?
Should i start 26th evening or 27th morning to view the scenic beauty on the way?
6) I am planing for 2 days(28th - 29th) in Dharamshala including McLeodgang. Dalailama temple, Dal lake, Kangra valley, Bhagsu waaterfalls, St John church etc. am i missing any must visits? am i missing Dalhousi here??
7) Dharmashala to Amritsir on 30th morning by bus or taxi? which one is preferable? Approximate taxi fare?
8) 30th evening, Visit Wagha boarder in the evening and night Golden Temple
9) Oct 1st Golden temple again, Jaliyanwala bagh, Other places.
10) Oct 2nd morning, head to Delhi by bus/taxi to catch Hyd flight in the evening. Approximate taxi fare?

Please suggest if i have to make modification to make this itinerary more fruitful.

Thanks in advance.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Akshardham, India Gate and Red Fort are in three different areas and frankly speaking, you would be running from one place to another, in order to cover all three of them and that too with luggage. Better bet would be to cover Qutab Minar, Safdarjung’s Tomb, Lodhi Garden, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate and Agrasen ki Baoli. Then if you have time and energy left, you can cover Red Fort.

Solang Valley is best covered with visit to Rohtang Pass. There are plenty of hotels in Manali, my suggestion would be to look at HPTDC properties, they aren’t too expensive and at the same time are quite good. Alternatively have a look at deals being run by Goibibo and other hotel booking websites.

Taxis are safe; however it would come out to be costlier affair. However only ordinary buses run between Manali and Dharamshala, so if you want comfort, go for taxi. Travel during the day, since the route you will be taking is all in hills and quite scenic.

You can cover Jwala ji and other temples on a day trip from McLeod Ganj.

From Amritsar, take overnight Volvo to Delhi, avoid taking day bus, as it can get caught in jam during the day and you can end up missing your flight. Once in Delhi, you can explore more sights.

Don’t try and cram more places in your itinerary, it would make things quite hectic.