Delhi - ?? - Mandvi

Hi friends,

I am planning a 5 - 6 days trip in December or January to Mandvi beach. I need expert suggestions on which route to go with. Should it be NH8 (Delhi - Jaipur - Ajmer - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Mandvi) or any other suggestions that anyone has to offer based on road conditions. I do not mind driving a few KMs extra on good roads as opposed to bad roads with slow traffic.

Any suggestions or help would be great. Appreciate the help as always..

ankitsr

Delhi- Jaipur-Ajmer-Pali- Palanpur-Raqdhanpur-Mandvi should be the route to take. I havent travelled all of this strech but have read the roads to be good.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I believe Delhi - Jaipur - Ajmer - Chittor - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Mandvi is the fastest option with 4 lane highways almost all the way.

I believe Delhi - Jaipur - Ajmer - Chittor - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Mandvi is the fastest option with 4 lane highways almost all the way.
Thanks a lot Prasham, I will go with what you suggested. Any recommendation for places to visit apart from the white Rann?

Prasham

A day trip to Bhuj - Lakhpat - Koteshwar - Narayan Sarovar - Pingleshwar Beach - Bhuj will be good. Also the white rann enroute to Dholavira is said to be as good as that at Dhordo minus the crowds.

If you are into handicrafts and stuff there are many villages in vicinity to Bhuj where they are produced.

A day trip to Bhuj - Lakhpat - Koteshwar - Narayan Sarovar - Pingleshwar Beach - Bhuj will be good. Also the white rann enroute to Dholavira is said to be as good as that at Dhordo minus the crowds.

If you are into handicrafts and stuff there are many villages in vicinity to Bhuj where they are produced.
Okay, thanks for the heads up, I will certainly keep this in mind. Last question - is December last week a good time to visit? Or should I wait till mid-January to avoid tourist rush?

Prasham

Rann will appear better the later you go. So if you can delay you definitely should.