DevRider

NOMAD - STUBBORN - MYSTIC
This is my first travelogue in this forum. Although I had joined a long time ago but I am not good in writing, so never written any travelogue till date. So lets not waste your time and I should directly write my story.

Me and my friend Vikas planned a short 2 day bike trip to Rishikesh and start our journey on 31st October @ 4:30Am.

We have a single bike (Bajaj Avenger 220- DTSi) and two bags with us. Below is basic information about the trip and essential items we carry in our quick trip.

Bike: Bajaj Avenger 220
Camera: Nikon DSlr
Travel Bags : 2
Total Distance Covered: 1300 KM
Petrol Consumption: 22 L

Day 1 Delhi to Haridwar-Rishikesh
As we start early in morning around 5:30 am, we cross Delhi within 45 minutes and manage to cross outskirts of Delhi within 1 hours via ISBT - Raj nagar extension road.

DSCN9234.JPG
DSCN9235.JPG

Around 8:00 am we cross Modi-nagar and take a break from ride for breakfast near Muzaffarnagar.

Ahoy.. Reached Haridwar (11:00 Am)
We parked our bike nearby the ganges and start roaming around the har ki pauri. We also visit Daksh Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva and famous as their In-laws home and also visit Kalthal Gurudwara which is dedicated to Third Guru (Guru Amardas Ji) of Sikhs.
DSCN9256.JPG
DSCN9265.JPG
DSCN9266.JPG

After taking bath in holy Ganges, and spend around 2-3 hours in Haridwar, we decide to move towards Rishikesh. Yes, of-course we also enjoy Allu-kachouri on Har ki Pauri (@Famous Chotiwala) before leaving..

Reached Rishikesh - Dev Bhumi (3:00pm)
DSCN9291.JPG
DSCN9297.JPG

There are so many option s to stay in Rishikesh but we decide to stay in gurudwwara sahib as it is located in middle of market and they have all kind of facilities for tourists and pilgrims who visit Rishikesh and Hemkunt sahib.

DSCN9286.JPG

After some rest and we pick our bike and visit Laxman and Ram jhula and ride till Shivpuri. (around 10 km from rishikesh.)

DSCN9319.JPG
DSCN9320.JPG
DSCN9321.JPG
DSCN9323.JPG
DSCN9334.JPG
DSCN9348.JPG
DSCN9360.JPG

Near Shivpuri, there is a bridge to cross Ganges, you can enjoy very delicious pakoda and tea there. and there are stairs which you can use to reach to the bank of river.

We stay in Shivpuri till evening enjoying natural views in lap of ganges.

Day 2 Rishikesh to Delhi
As the day start, we pack our bags to ride towards Delhi, then our mind struck with idea of doing White Water Rafting.:supz:

We don,t waste time and contact a raft tour organizer for river rafting. :rock:

IMG_20151101_102906.jpg
DSCN9399.JPG
DSCN9402.JPG
DSCN9415.JPG
DSCN9429.JPG

That was awesome experience.
We start rafting @ 10:30 Am (18Km trek). It had around 10 tides (4 Major). Around 1:30 pm we reached Rishikesh and completed our raft journey.

Time to backpack and ride go home
We start our return journey @2:00 pm from rishikesh. Till Roorkee, vikas drive the bike. We stop a little break after roorkee and have lunch and tea.

Then i ride the bike from roorkee to delhi and we reach home by 8:00pm.

Please share your suggestions and view on our journey, as this is my first travelogue i hope you people like it, Now waiting for next TRIP..:cool:

karun0035

Welcome to BCMT!
Your's was a short but interesting log.

Please make sure to include as many details as you like or remember (smaller ones do matter!).

Thanks and keep writing...

aps

Very nice log short and sweet and refreshing
good description
nice pictures
best of luck for the next trip