Delhi to Koti (Shimla) Weekend Getaway

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Tanumay Dey, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Tanumay Dey

Tanumay Dey Me & My Travel mate

Hello Everyone,

Its almost a year that I haven't uploaded any travelogues.

So, Let's jump into this all over again.

This time we were planning to go within 400 kms due to shortage of leaves.

(14th April 2017 {12 a.m.} to 16th April 2017 {12 noon})

After googling for a day, we found Koti (Shimla) Chail - Kufri Road. It's a small village with very less population and more serenity.

So, what all we have crossed, seen & experienced you will get to know about it very soon.

Till then enjoy the teasers.

2. Tanumay Dey

3. rameshtahlan

rameshtahlan Super User

Nice

Happy Landings
    RT

Tanumay Dey likes this.
  4. skysat2005

skysat2005 Super User

Beautiful...

Tanumay Dey likes this.
  5. akkibaba

akkibaba Member

Beautiful pictures .. waiting for more details !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanumay Dey likes this.
  6. citymonk

citymonk Super User

Marvellous pictures.
    Now details please.

Tanumay Dey likes this.
  7. Tanumay Dey

Day 1

We started on 14th April 2017 by 12 a.m. midnight for Koti. As we were 7 adults 2 children and a dog in 2 cars (Swift Dzire & Alto K10).

I usually prefer to drive in night as the traffic is really low & we can cover good distance. This time it was not like that. We left Delhi within 30 minutes but got stuck in Sonipat & the jam was till Samalkha for 1 hour due to Trucks & Buses. After that we didn't got any jam in between till our destination.

So as we crossed Panipat, Karnal & Zirakpur really easily.

As it was a family tour so we stopped in between for having something that too in McDonalds, Zikarpur as it was open. Most of the time when i drive in Delhi Shimla Hwy i never stop but as i said family tour.

We started from Zirakpur by 05:30 a.m.

My uncle who was driving Swift Dzire he was not in practice to drive in night. So, after Dharampur he was feeling sleepy then we take a halt in Solan near by tea shop. Asked him to wash his face and have a tea.

I have planned that we will take another stoppage in Sadhupul because of good scenic beauty & calmness. Reached Sadhupul by 08:00 a.m. Now the adventure begins as if anyone remember when Sadhupul fallen down there were another way which was opened to cross Aasan River and drive upto the road which is getting connected to Chail. We took that road and i crossed it with really less power in 1st Gear but my uncle got stuck as he was not able to pull the car in 1st gear.

Reason : Tyres were almost plain, Loose soil & huge bump.

There was a local guy who helped us took the car in reverse then started again in 1st Gear. Vroom Vroooomm. Done.

We thanked him as it was little bit tricky to pull that car. Both the cars were parked on the road side and the bonet was opened because we want the engine & the clutch plate to calm down.

After all this we started for Chail by 09:00 a.m.. Now, as per Google maps the location of Cedar Heights Resort is 500 m ahead where we booked our rooms, we asked few local guys and they asked us to take u-turn and go 500 m backward there is a Steep trail which goes on for 400 m and it is 35 Degree angle. I started driving on that trail but after 150 m i got to know that it is full on boulder. :cop:. Again pushed brakes, pulled my hand brake and asked everyone to come out and start walking towards the Resort. Now everybody was furious as the ascent was increased from 35 Degrees to 40 Degrees. For me it was difficult because as i mentioned in the beginning as it was a family tour. So called the Resort reception and asked them to send 2 guys who can drive.

Finally, they just came and pulled the car really easily. I was just thinking while looking at them that they might drive on this trail regularly. Because, it is not easy for a person to drive on that trail who drives on normal hilly roads.

Reached resort and got out rooms. Took a shower as last 30 minutes was very much draining.

Had our Lunch and took some rest.

In the evening we were planning to get some boose as we didn't got any shops while we were coming from Himalayan Express Way. I was already aware that liquor shop is closed on highway. Spoke to the staff & got to know that Liquor is closed in Koti. And we can try in Chail Market.

So, my uncle's friend and my friend went to Chail Market and got the boose.

First Night was tiring so we took only 2 pegs of Whisky & went to sleep.

To be continued...

Enjoy the photographs...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  8. Tanumay Dey

IMG_6897.JPG IMG_6896.JPG IMG_6909.JPG IMG_6918.JPG IMG_6959.JPG IMG_7004.JPG IMG_7010.JPG

This is was the steep Trail towards the Resort. IMG_7053.JPG

IMG_7014.JPG

9. Tanumay Dey

Thank you RT sir..

10. Tanumay Dey

Thanks

RAHUL GANGUL likes this.