Delhi to Leh on TVS Apache RTR 200 (carb version)

roam_with_rd

Hello All,

I wanted to do Delhi to Leh bike ride on my bike RTR 200. My bike has completed 10,000 km total running.
I just wanted suggestions from all the fellow riders and travelers that what kind of things which should be taken care on my Delhi to Leh ride.

I am planing to ride in June 2018 and following is the itinerary:

9th June Delhi to Pathankot (480 km)
10th June Pathankot to Sonmarg (360 km)
11th June Sonmarg to kargil (203 km)
12th June Kargil to Leh (211 km)
13th June Leh Rest and sightseeing
14th June Leh to Khardungla to Nubra Valley (120 Km)
15th June Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso (120 km)
16th June Pangong Tso to Leh (140 km)
17th June Leh to Tso Moriri (220 km)
18th June Tso Moriri to Sarchu (230 km)
19th June Sarchu to Manali (225 km)
20th June Manali to Chandigarh (267km)
21st June Chandigarh to Delhi (260 km)

Is my bike is good enough to ride on those terrain, as it is a carburetor version so is there any chances of getting any issue on high passes?

I had done long ride about 2000 km previously with my RTR 200 but that ride was Indore - Nashik - Pune - Mumbai - Indore.

I have no experience in riding a bike in high terrain like Leh.

Looking for the valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Here is all the information you need to know to get your bike prepared for Ladakh How to prepare your motorcycle for Ladakh.

Pathankot to Sonamarg is around 430 km and will take 14-15 hours. You might be better off staying at Srinagar instead. Alternatively, you can do Delhi to Udhampur on the first day and then next day try and ride to Sonamarg. In any case, avoid riding after dark.

I am assuming you’re planning to spend the night at Diskit in Nubra Valley? If yes, then Diskit to Spangmik is 160 km via Agham – Shyok route and 220 km via Wari La. Fuel is available at Leh and Diskit, no fuel pumps around Pangong Tso.

Pangong Tso to Leh is also 160 km.

For the Leh – Tso Moriri – Tandi stretch, you will need 550 km worth of fuel or you will have to buy fuel in black.

If you’re planning to take train/flight from Delhi on the 21st or 22nd, then it would be a good idea to ride from Manali to Delhi directly. So as to have a buffer day in Delhi.

All motorcycles struggle at high altitude passes (except fuel injected large motorcycles), so make sure to travel light (see Essentials for a Motorcycle Ride to Ladakh) and don’t overstress the bike, when it isn’t performing well. If push comes to shove, you can take out the air filter and the bike would be able to breathe better.

roam_with_rd

Thank you Sir, for your valuable information.

I will update my itinerary accordingly to my rides and I don't have any tight schedule to strict the planned day. I would only prefer to ride till 8 pm maximum.
Thanks for the detailed information about the routes and fuel requirement. :)

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Apart from in plains, don’t ride till 8 pm, especially in Kashmir. Security forces withdraw after sunset and the traffic there is really bad, so riding past sunset would drastically increase your chances of being involved in an accident.

roam_with_rd

Apart from in plains, don’t ride till 8 pm, especially in Kashmir. Security forces withdraw after sunset and the traffic there is really bad, so riding past sunset would drastically increase your chances of being involved in an accident.
Ok Sir, Thank you again for the information. :)