Delhi to Mussoorie

Guys,

Driving to Mussoorie with family end of this week from Delhi. Can you please let me know the fastest route along with the current road conditions?

Also, please let me know which is the nearest spot to get snow if at all possible.

Best,

Rahul

sahilthegoodguy

Rahul,

Generally the best and the shortest route is Delhi - Ghaziabad - Meerut Bypaas - Khatauli Bypaas - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Dehradun - Mussoorie. Road is very good till Muzaffarnagar. After that the toll road ends and the construction work is going on till Roorkee, and the road is not good. The total distance comes around 290 Kms approx.

Another route which is smooth all over is Delhi - Panipat - Karnal - Kurukshetra - Yamunanagar - Poanta Sahib - Dehradun Mussoorie. This route is long but overall very smooth.

You can find snow at Dhanaulti only if it has recently snowed there. Dhanaulti is around 30 Kms from mussoorie.

Thanks Sahil; wont this route be really long? I will leave at 11am on Friday (daughter has her annual day so cant miss it). How long will it take on the alternate route?
Also how bad is the road after Rourkee? Thanks

sahilthegoodguy

Thanks Sahil; wont this route be really long? I will leave at 11am on Friday (daughter has her annual day so cant miss it). How long will it take on the alternate route?
Also how bad is the road after Rourkee? Thanks
Ya, the 2nd route is about 40-50 Kms long.
Road after Roorkee is normal and easily drivable, not very bad.

No issues, drive on the normal Roorkee route. 6-7 Hrs for Dehardun.

Rider_Dheeraj

Friends. Need some suggestion on the route.

Context - Driving a SUV with wife and 2 year old Son. I have done Delhi-Chopta in a hatchback 3 years back with my wife without any major issues.

23/12/2016 - Delhi to Kurukshetra - I am aware and okay on this route. No questions.
24/12/2016 - Planing to start at 10AM from Kurukshetra. Question I have is, should I take Paonta sahib -> Dak Pathar-> Mussorie route or Paonta Sahib -> Dehradun -> Mussorie?

Definitely want to go for the scenic 1st option but need your inputs on 2 specific parameters -
1. Quality of road 2. How Narrow and scary this route is? (scarier than Chopta route?)

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

Arpit Jain

JainShaab!
Friends. Need some suggestion on the route.

Context - Driving a SUV with wife and 2 year old Son. I have done Delhi-Chopta in a hatchback 3 years back with my wife without any major issues.

23/12/2016 - Delhi to Kurukshetra - I am aware and okay on this route. No questions.
24/12/2016 - Planing to start at 10AM from Kurukshetra. Question I have is, should I take Paonta sahib -> Dak Pathar-> Mussorie route or Paonta Sahib -> Dehradun -> Mussorie?

Definitely want to go for the scenic 1st option but need your inputs on 2 specific parameters -
1. Quality of road 2. How Narrow and scary this route is? (scarier than Chopta route?)

Any suggestion will be very helpful.
Dheeraj bhai...no worries...since you have completed Chopta...you will enjoy this drive...roads are quite wider now from Dehradun to Mussorrie...
Once you reach Dehradun its better to navigate the traffic with GPS however there is another route which goes from Garhi Cant and take you through some inner most villages of Dehradun and you end up somewhere near to Jakkhann!! Though roads are congested but worth exploring this route.. moreover you can visit Tapkeshwar Mahadev which is very well located in Garhi Cant itself. In case you find it somewhat uncomfortable go straight from Ballupur Chowk towards Ghanta Ghar and then take a left cut and driver on beautiful Rajpur Road.

Happy Journey