Delhi to Srinagar for 10 days

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Hi Everyone,
I have 11days leave from 23 Dec - 2 Jan 2018.

I want to explore Srinagar this time on new year with my wife & 4 year old daughter.
I have both option to reach there from Delhi via road or via Flight.

Please suggest a good itinerary for Srinagar & and its adjoining area for 7-8 days.
I want to keep this trip kind of Lazy trip as i am traveling with my daughter.

Note: Ideas for any other place is also open :)

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
First off, please keep in mind that it is extremely cold in Kashmir at that time, well below freezing and land route as well as air route can close down due to bad weather. So if you’re ok with this, then only head to Kashmir.

Tagging @rameshtahlan sir for further advice.

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
First off, please keep in mind that it is extremely cold in Kashmir at that time, well below freezing and land route as well as air route can close down due to bad weather. So if you’re ok with this, then only head to Kashmir.

Tagging @rameshtahlan sir for further advice.
Thanks Yogesh for the suggestion. You are right that weather could turn extremely cold at that time. that's why I am more interested on Road trip instead of Air route. I can change plan quickly as per situation there and head towards other hill station. Will wait for ramesh sir advice also.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
On the flip side, if the road closes while you’re in Kashmir (which it does in case of heavy snowfall), you will have to wait for the road to get cleared up. In any case, if you’re planning to drive, make sure to get snow chain.

I am also planning a trip to vaishnodevi-srinagar-patnitop on 23rd to 27th jan 2018 with my wife so kindly help me for the tour.is there any direct bus available from srinagar to delhi and also from katra to delhi.

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
I am also planning a trip to vaishnodevi-srinagar-patnitop on 23rd to 27th jan 2018 with my wife so kindly help me for the tour.is there any direct bus available from srinagar to delhi and also from katra to delhi.
From Delhi to Katra best option is to book a Train, Buses also ply on this route. I am not sure about direct connectivity between Delhi & Srinagar via road transport. You need to first reach Jammu and from there you can take bus for Srinagar. Experts can provide more details.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
+1 to what vijay said. Avoid taking a bus from Srinagar to Delhi, it will take more than a day to reach here. Direct bus from katra is easily available and decent enough option.

From Delhi to Katra best option is to book a Train, Buses also ply on this route. I am not sure about direct connectivity between Delhi & Srinagar via road transport. You need to first reach Jammu and from there you can take bus for Srinagar. Experts can provide more details.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION

karun0035

Take the train option, since the bus journey would be close to 12 hours if not less. Train journey is more comfortable (sleep, toilets etc.). I had this bad experience of travelling from Jammu to Delhi via bus, and it was pretty bad!!

I will suggest to make your base as Jammu due to train station, depending on your starting location (if Delhi).

I will provide more details, as I find them!!