Deomali <-- Highest Peak of Odisha & Duduma <-- Three Big Waterfalls at one place

SVP

Super User
Sajal bhai I will be in Cuttack with the group of 23-26 peoples from 27th Jan to 1st Feb.

We wants to visit Surya temple of Konark, Jagannath Temple of Puri & Dhabaleshwar Shiv temple. As told by Sanu to me that those places are around 125 Kms from Cuttack. Can you have any idea about taxi fares or mini bus. Waiting for your suggetion.

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Perfect update Sajal bhai
Thanks Sanu Bhai

Amazing updates. Your photography is so beautiful. But unlike your Ladakh trip, thoda drama aur emotions is missing from the story line. Looks like you had an all too smooth ride.:grin: Anyway enjoying the show. Please carry on riding so that dreamers like us can at least share the ride along with you.
Thanks vithal ji.....drama aur emotions ....ha ha ha ....ok that will also come when I spent night at Gurukul Ashram....and due to severe cold decided to ride back to Cuttack in stead of visiting Duduma Waterfalls....keep reading....you will enjoy this travelogue also ;)

am I speechless ??? hmmm...
Awesome scenic snaps, Sajal ji. Please keep riding.:D
Thanks manucares ji..... :)

Fantastic Update Sajal Bhai :)
Thanks Sanu Bhai..... mazza laguchhi to ?

Fantastic images Sajal. Was looking forward to this update and i must say my appetite is sated and yet i am hungry for more. Keep going.
Thanks Vithal ji.... more updates will be there tonight.

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Wonderful trip Sajal bhai.
Thanks SVP ji..

Sajal bhai I will be in Cuttack with the group of 23-26 peoples from 27th Jan to 1st Feb.

We wants to visit Surya temple of Konark, Jagannath Temple of Puri & Dhabaleshwar Shiv temple. As told by Sanu to me that those places are around 125 Kms from Cuttack. Can you have any idea about taxi fares or mini bus. Waiting for your suggetion.
SVP ji...you have to go to "BADAM BADI" first. There are two bus stand there. Go to Puri Bus stand. There are many buses playing towards konark - Puri from here. For 26 persons you can arrange mini bus from here. I don't have idea of full bus booking fares. But look around and bargain.
From opposite "Pala Mandap" nearby you can also get 8-10 seater taxi. I will be outstation to attend marriage that time otherwise I would have met you at Badambari to bargain for mini bus.

SVP

Super User
Thanks SVP ji..

SVP ji...you have to go to "BADAM BADI" first. There are two bus stand there. Go to Puri Bus stand. There are many buses playing towards konark - Puri from here. For 26 persons you can arrange mini bus from here. I don't have idea of full bus booking fares. But look around and bargain.
From opposite "Pala Mandap" nearby you can also get 8-10 seater taxi. I will be outstation to attend marriage that time otherwise I would have met you at Badambari to bargain for mini bus.
Thanks Bhai I can bargain properly.

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Mesmerizing sun set from Deomali Top = Day 1 Part IV

It was 5 PM and the beautiful 360 degree view from Mathalambo - Deomali Top Road was making me stop every now and then. I wish I can spend one full day roaming around here.
Moving ahead I had to stop here to capture this

IMG_5944_5_6.jpg

A little zoom (sorry about those dust particles on my lens)

IMG_5947_8_9.jpg

The road I rode

IMG_5950_1_2.jpg

Stopped again after riding for 5 minutes

IMG_5962_3_4.jpg

The view of road behind

IMG_5956_7_8.jpg

View of Mathalambo on east side

IMG_5959_60_61.jpg

Going ahead, there was a "Y" road. Where to go ?
I decided to ride on right side first. This was on ascend and there was a watch tower there.
View of that "Y" road from watch tower.

IMG_5971_2_3.jpg

There was dead end of road, sun was setting down , And I could still see Deomali Top . It means now I have to ride to left side of that "Y" road.

IMG_5965_6_7.jpg

My bike at Dead end of road and Deomali is in background

IMG_5968_69_70.jpg

It was 5.12 PM and could see this scenic sunset

IMG_5974.jpg

Another pic with mirror of my bike.
This was my last view of Sun God for that day.

IMG_5975.jpg

Without waiting further I decided to ride on that left side of the "Y" road. After riding for 8-9 minutes the road ended

IMG_5991_2_3.jpg

View behind

IMG_5976_7_8.jpg

There was a watch tower on west side also

IMG_5979_80_81.jpg

My bike at dead end of that road

IMG_5985_6_7.jpg

Further ahead up there was a watch tower also. Perhaps the last one. To go there I have to trek. But due to shortage of time I kept it for the next time.

IMG_5988_89_90.jpg

Sun was set and light was decreasing

IMG_5982_3_4.jpg

I was at Deomali. Highest place of Odisha !

Took out tripod from my bag and took this picture for remembrance

IMG_6000_1_2_tonemapped copy.jpg

Suddenly I heard some bell sound. I looked back. Some cows were crossing the mountains. Perhaps they were returning home after grazing.

IMG_5995.jpg

Took another picture of road I rode

IMG_5996.jpg

I was very happy to fulfill this dream of mine to ride at the Highest place of Odisha.
Took another picture using tripod.

IMG_6006_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

Mesmerizing after effect of Sun Set on east side

IMG_6015_6_7.jpg

Time was 5.30 PM and surrounding on east side was getting dark. I wish there was road further to ride on ascend. My Pulsar has capacity to ride at least up to that watch tower, but since it was getting dark, I decided not to ride off road.

IMG_5994.jpg

Took this last picture on Deomali's motorable road's dead end

IMG_6018_19_20.jpg

Started riding back , I wanted to ride safely on that damaged descend road. I thought now I should not stop anywhere.
But this view at 5.40 PM again made me stop.
This was truely a God's Painting, which can only be viewed at Deomali.

IMG_6021_2_3.jpg

It was a blaze of color -- oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples...
I stopped and started taking pictures for remembrance.

IMG_6021_2_3Compressor.jpg

I have no words to describe this. Sunset's after effects on sky with Deomali-Highest Peak of Odisha....!

IMG_6024.jpg

I forgot about everything and just was watching this in complete silence and cold weather.

IMG_6025.jpg

"When I admire the wonder of a sunset, or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator." – Mahatma Gandhi

I thanked God for showing me this mesmerizing beauty at this elevation.

IMG_6026.jpg

The sunset is really an amazing event of God and we are lucky to have the chance to witness it every single day from different places.
Peace is seeing the sunset and knowing Who to thank.

Time to take last picture of Deomali Peak.

IMG_6027.jpg

What a day it was at morning 5 AM , I started riding from Cuttack and now at 5.40 PM I am witnessing this sun set at Deomali, Highest place of Odisha.

Now I had to ride slowly and carefully on the descend. I managed to ride back to Kundili. There was no electricity there. One shopkeeper was closing his shop. I inquired about the direction of Gurukul Ashram towards Pungar, Kundili. It was 5-6 km from there. It was so cold that I had to ride slowly.
I had underestimated the cold weather of this area. I did not bring full riding jacket with me. I must tell you that the cold weather was too much for me, as I had not prepared myself for this. I overestimated my self and underestimated the weather.
Some how I reached Gurukul Ashram in dark at around 6.50 PM. There was no electricity in entire place. They told me in Ashram that the electricity comes at 7.00 PM daily.

I had brought small emergency light with me. Using that I managed to take out jackets for children ,few flutes and biscuits. These were given by wife Bina at Cuttack and was told to give it to needy ones. There were around 15 children there in Ashram.
Took this picture of some children wearing those jackets

IMG_6028.jpg

Power came at 7 PM. I was given a room and was to be shared with one person called Dilip. He was old student of this Gurukul Ashram and was a cloth merchant now. I had rice dalma with all children at kitchen. Food was simple but very hot and enjoyed eating it in that cold weather. At around 9.00 PM I went to sleep. Because here all go to sleep at 9 PM and wake up at 4 AM.

I was given two blankets , but at around 1 AM I got up. I was shivering in cold. I had bought thermals but not full jackets. I had one windcheater and half sleeve sweater. I wear them all and managed to sleep. But then also cold was unbearable. I decided that I will go back to Cuttack next day morning. I dropped my plan to visit Duduma waterfall, which was only 100 Km away from there.

Jaan hai to Jahaan hai.
I will come in some other season, but not in extreme winter to this place. Duduma is 85 km from Araku valley. I thought when ever I will visit Araku, at that time I can go to Duduma. I was in total confusion for what to do for next day.

But that room mate of mine, Dilip helped me to decide on next day morning.

Total ride = 561 KM and My ride map for the day was

Day one.jpg

NEXT=Duduma - The Big Triple Waterfalls =Day 2

Last edited:

manucares

Really very nice captions for each photo! My heart stopped for a second seeing the loneliness of the place. Wonderful share, thanks Sajal ji.