Desert cooler with ducts to cool entire home

Banveet Kaur

Thank you Anupam Sir. Apologize for the late reply thank you so much for the Expert Advice i'll keep all the points in my Mind, I was confused if it gonna give me air like a normal cooler give with we keep in Windows i think according to your reply it will giving me same type of cooling which a normal cooler without ducting give. Don't want to waste my Money as it's a huge amount for me

Anup sir - am facing difficulty in finding 24 inch GEC Alstom low speed (920 rpm) exhaust fan ( as you recommended in one of the post for dessert color) in Noida.
Any direct reference available ?

Banveet Kaur

Anupam Ji i talk to the sellers one person told me that since i'll be connecting Ducting with two rooms he said i should go for 2 coolers of 4 feet with individual Ducting for both the rooms. Other person told me that i should go for 6 feet long cooler and that will be enough for cooling both the rooms. The ducting will be same but the fans will be separate for both the rooms. The person who told me to go for 2 coolers said that with one cooler will going to create problem as there will be less air in one room. Kindly please suggest me something

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you Anupam Sir. ..... Don't want to waste my Money as it's a huge amount for me
Anupam Ji .... Other person told me that i should go for 6 feet long cooler and that will be enough for cooling both the rooms. The ducting will be same but the fans will be separate for both the rooms. ....
First, the name is ANUP and NOT Anupam.

Indeed I would recommend that you go for whichever option is without ducting. If the duct from the roof connects to one room, that will be sufficient to cool the entire home. BUT only if it is a large cooler with a 24 inch exhaust fan.

Anup sir - am facing difficulty in finding 24 inch GEC Alstom low speed (920 rpm) exhaust fan ( as you recommended in one of the post for dessert color) in Noida.
Any direct reference available ?
GE Alstom is not available any more. You'll have to look for other options from, maybe, Crompton Greaves, Havells etc...
There are also the unbranded or small time manufacturers and these fans come cheap. I do not know how well they perform. Mainly, the differences are in the amount of air flow, the power consumption and the noise levels.