Desert cooler with ducts to cool entire home

Banveet Kaur

Sorry for the Mistake Sir.. i have already give you the rough ides of my house and since there is a wall in between both the rooms it is not possible to cool other room so the ducting will going to come from single cooler and will going to be separate so my question is since there will be two partion in between ducting with two ends one will attach to the 1 bedroom and another one will be attach to the 2nd bedroom. if it's a good idea to partial the Ducting and connect it with two different rooms

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the Mistake Sir.. i have already give you the rough ides of my house and since there is a wall in between both the rooms it is not possible to cool other room so the ducting will going to come from single cooler and will going to be separate so my question is since there will be two partion in between ducting with two ends one will attach to the 1 bedroom and another one will be attach to the 2nd bedroom. if it's a good idea to partial the Ducting and connect it with two different rooms
I'm afraid you simply don't get it! Please go ahead and do as you please. Desert coolers PRESSURIZE the home and you can ROUTE the exit air by controlling the exit paths. This is a fundamental that you absolutely MUST understand, failing which you are headed for a dubious outcome!

Harvy

Anup Ji i have recently install a dessert cooler with ducting. The ducting is coming right from roof to my floor. Sometimes it cool the room and sometimes not i don't know what is the issue as there is not even humidity in the delhi weather at the moment. The fan size of cooler in 24 inch and it's a full size cooler. During day time it does not cool the room and moreover create a humidity in the room. Please suggest me something

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harvy, there is nothing wrong with the cooler if it does cool well sometimes. Those sometimes are when the RH goes below 20%. At other times the RH in Delhi these days is hovering around 30% or more. Any cooler will fail to cool well in such a situation.
Right at this moment even my cooler is struggling and is making the home humid. The RH is about 27%, according to Accuweather hourly forecast.
How long is the ducting? Do appreciate that ducting is much like a heat exchanger; it never really works well.

Harvy

I agree Anup Ji but i why it's not cooling even 1% during day time? The person who did the ducting has not install thermocol in the Ducting and said it is for AC Ducting. I wonder if cooler is not cooling because the ducting is of Iron? One of my friend told me it won't going to cool the room in day time because sunlight in coming on Ducting and it's making air hot ...

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
If there is direct sun on the ducting it will of course work like a heat exchanger. Some insulation will help but I'm not sure to what extent. I have always advised against ducting; most people opt for it only for cosmetic reasons and then pay the price for it later. If there is any scope whatsoever I would advise that you mount your cooler directly in a balcony window/door.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Coolers work effectively if they are getting proper water spread on all 3 sides of grass panels and are placed / fitted outside.. This will evaporate water properly. Air coming from duct is cold ?
You have closed room ?
How air circulates in room and moves ahead ?
You can spray water on duct to check if it is heat insulation issue or not !

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since yesterday the RH in Delhi has gone up, I believe due to the cyclone near Andhra/Orissa.
Today the cooler has lost all efficacy and is only increasing the humidity in the home. Will have to turn on the ACs now, hopefully only for a couple of days. I expect that dry heat conditions will return to Delhi for at least another two weeks.