Desert cooler with ducts to cool entire home

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Using Cooler now !
This year we are having Western Disturbances from back to back !
I hope we will enjoy cooler till May month.

adsatinder

For those who are checking Duct Cooler / Evaporative Cooler / Chiller can check these links:

https://www.justdial.com/Nagpur/Abbas-air-cooling-nearkabrastan-Mominpura/0712PX712-X712-150703112345-P6N2_BZDET/photos

https://www.justdial.com/Nagpur/Abbas-air-cooling-nearkabrastan-Mominpura/0712PX712-X712-150703112345-P6N2_BZDET/photos

Duct Air Cooling

Duct Cooler is custom made by local manufacturers only for your particular area / measurement / floor wise etc parameters.

Every city has own spares available and nothing is standard in it, apart from branded Electric Exhaust Fan only.
Fans / Water Pumps used locally have better warranty, if taken locally.
Body is made with Plastic / Aluminium / GP Sheet Iron() / Stainless Sheet.
Duct can also be made with GP Sheet / Stainless Steel.
GP Sheet is much cheaper with painted or if insulation liner is used.

Last edited:

abduls

Greetings!!

I am new to fourm, I am hearing using coolers is only good during low humidity. May I know the range in which coolers are best over AC?

Thanks in advance.

adsatinder

I am new to forum.
Welcome here.

I am hearing using coolers is only good during low humidity. May I know the range in which coolers are best over AC?
More Humidity with more temperature is culprit in summer months.
30-60 is ideal Relative humidity for a home.
For air circulation, open window to circulate air and regulate it between 30 to 60.

It depends on humidity level in daytime when temperature /heat is more and you have higher humidity levels.
You have to check at your place yourself.
If you are in room at some open place at top then cooler can work easily in high humidity also as fresh air available to you is more.
If fresh air is not available or circulation of air is not possible in a room then only humidity traps inside and it will be not be comfortable.
Data of humidity level is different at all places.
They show humidity level in average of whole city or an area.

July & August are worst hit months of monsoon with high humidity and temperature also.
You can run water cooler without pump at times or at regular intervals with help of a timer also if temperature is more than 40 and humidity increases from desired level for your comfort.
Each one has own comfort level.

Normally till May in Delhi, you can use coolers easily as humidity level even if increases for sometime, it goes away with heat in next few days. When regular humidity level increases above 60 and temperature is above 40 then try to be out or at open shadowed place.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Greetings!!

I am new to fourm, I am hearing using coolers is only good during low humidity. May I know the range in which coolers are best over AC?

Thanks in advance.
Desert Coolers work best in low humidity conditions, like 0 to a max of 40% relative humidity. Once weather conditions go beyond 40% RH you will need an AC to cool the room.
Which city are you in?

abduls

Desert Coolers work best in low humidity conditions, like 0 to a max of 40% relative humidity. Once weather conditions go beyond 40% RH you will need an AC to cool the room.
Which city are you in?
I come from place called Kadpa where humidity usually below 50.

I am planning to purchase RAM DUCT Cooler to cool our main hall as I can keep it inside the hall. I believe window which we have is not good place to keep Desert cooler or might be wrong. please suggest your opinion.

Attaching our home pic for reference. Main door and grilled window next to it are only sizable window we have rest are small windows and we don't have balcony.

Hall is the first room from the main door the left to hall other room follows.

NOTE: we have AC in our bedroom
IMG-20200311-WA0000.jpg

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
A desert cooler should not be kept inside a room; the result will be poor cooling and huge rise in humidity in the room.
A desert cooler does one shot cooling - air is taken from outside, cooled and delivered into the room. Most importantly, that delivered air MUST have an exit route so that it gets out of the room and makes place for more cooled air to be delivered. This is the opposite of how an AC is operated, recirculating the air in the room.

Are there many desert coolers installed in Kadpa? If not, there is probably a good reason for it and you should not waste your money.

abduls

A desert cooler should not be kept inside a room; the result will be poor cooling and huge rise in humidity in the room.
A desert cooler does one shot cooling - air is taken from outside, cooled and delivered into the room. Most importantly, that delivered air MUST have an exit route so that it gets out of the room and makes place for more cooled air to be delivered. This is the opposite of how an AC is operated, recirculating the air in the room.

Are there many desert coolers installed in Kadpa? If not, there is probably a good reason for it and you should not waste your money.
Thanks Anup Ji, I am planning to purchase Ram duct cooler and also try to add some shade like veranda on the roof to reduce heat inside hall.
metal-duct-201-front-600x600.jpg