Destination Unknown...

Tilak Francis

Day 175 - Aug 30 - Chennai to Home (Bangalore)

Aug30 at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail: GPS Community

333 KMs Tripmeter 25508 KMs

Its the home run today. Keeping fingers crossed. The final few steps is what can be tough and anxious. Feel bettor than yesterday morning. But the cold in me and the heat outside still interfearing with my thinking about the moment. The ride back home. with good road all the way would take like 5-6 hours to get to Bangalore. So i start a bit late. Kiran was kind enough to come to the hotel and guide me out till the highway. Bid byes and time to get moving.

Was a typical hot day and its just a leisure ride on the wide and great NH46. Its just 4 or 6 six lane all they with noting much to differentiate between a km and other. Stop for a food at a highway hotel. Having cold on a hot summers day is frustrating. Cant have cooldrinks, cant sit outside and have to sit in the AC section so that its cool and then sit away from the AC so it wont be too cold. And have coffee too.

Get to Krishnagiri in good time and take a right at NH7 and this very familiar road. The landscape or i say roadscape is actually pretty around here. So stop a few times to click the roadscapes. Reach Hosur and call up dad saying i am near and have to deal with some traffic now. The traffic after Electronics city had eased up due to roads done pretty done and saved me some slow go.

Reach home in no time and glad to see my relieved Dad waiting for me. We hug and catchup after a long time. He congradulated me on the achievement which need not have been achieved he says :) Dunno what to write ahead but that i am Home.

The trips come to an end. Though kinda miss the talking with wind the days to come. I must say that i was tired and guess made it back just before my back took a real bad beating. Back in the comforts of home and the trip is yet to hit me i guess.

My partner the Karizma went places with out a hitch till it broke down in Veralimalai. Thanks to friends all over the country, got the help and information needed and helped me complete the trip.

Kiran seeing me off at chennai...

The gates to home...

Getting nearer...

Just clicking away the roadscapes today...

A full meals for lunch...

At this nice highway hotel...

Never seen such green 4lane road!

Trying out Bokeh...

Some shallow mountains to cross. Then things will get cooler...

Thats quite a topple over...

Missed my train...

Food for thought...

Hit the NH 7 and take a right to Bangalore...

Almost there....

Would have been riding up on the 15 km long flyover if that machine had worked any faster...

Traffic has eased out here thanks to the done up road in these months. Else it would be painfully slow here.

Last hurdle before home...

Father and son united :)

Goes into the parking for some time i guess...

Thats the Odoreading at the end of the trip. Reduse 10034 and get the Tripmeter of 25508 KMs

This is it i guess :)
Very nice travelogue. Enjoyed it Thoroughly Praveen.
Are you active these days in BCMT and is your riding days still on?