Details Of Ferry Services Required For Southern Coastal Route Of Maharashtra

deba2164

Dear Friends,
We a aged couple from Kolkata would like to visit some scenic beaches of Konkon coast along with other tourist places of Maharashtra.
We do not have affordability to hire a cab for the tour but to depend entirely on public transport system like buses, share cabs, ferry services, where it is possible.
We have decided to visit Ganpatipule, Guhagar, Harihareswar, Diveagar in seven nights. We shall start our journey from Mahabaleswar.
Please help us to chalk out a plan, how we can avail ferry services in best possible way keeping in mind that we have to catch our return train to Kolkata on 8th day from Mumbai at about 5 pm.
We would be grateful to you for ever if you can assist us with your valuable inputs and useful suggestions .
it will be more beneficial for us if you can highlight some points on availability of conveyance from ferry ghat to main tourist spots and cheap accommodation options.

Regards

Debasish

Big Daddy

Super User
This is not Kerala. For the most part, you do not need any ferry services especially if you are going to Mahabaleshwar. You can use state transport buses to travel. I think there are MTDC resorts in most places that you list. You may look at Kokhan railway and find nearest stations and work your way back to Mumbai. My guess would be that from Mahabaleshwar, you take a bus to Ratnagiri (Ganpatipule) and then take small trips (bus or train) to other places with such a sequence that each place brings you closer to Mumbai.

Justtraveller

Hi
You can start your journey from Mahabaleshwar by bus to Ganpatipule. There are plenty hotels and resorts in Mahabaleshwar. From Ganpatipule to Guhagar,Dapoli,Velas,Harihareshwar,Kashid you will get ferry service. But all that road is coastal one and it is nearly impossible to get bus service till the ferry start/end point. You can get bus from each of the places easily to whichever places you have mentioned. Try to end your journey at Kashid/Alibag which is near to Mumbai. Ganpatipule and Guhagar/Velneshwar have MTDC resorts, at other places you will get accommodation easily.

Ferry timings are from morning 7.00 AM to 10.00 P.M. If you could give a rough plan it will be easy to give solution.

Regards

uturn

Super User
Dear Friends,
We a aged couple from Kolkata would like to visit some scenic beaches of Konkon coast along with other tourist places of Maharashtra.
We do not have affordability to hire a cab for the tour but to depend entirely on public transport system like buses, share cabs, ferry services, where it is possible.
We have decided to visit Ganpatipule, Guhagar, Harihareswar, Diveagar in seven nights. We shall start our journey from Mahabaleswar.
Please help us to chalk out a plan, how we can avail ferry services in best possible way keeping in mind that we have to catch our return train to Kolkata on 8th day from Mumbai at about 5 pm.
We would be grateful to you for ever if you can assist us with your valuable inputs and useful suggestions .
it will be more beneficial for us if you can highlight some points on availability of conveyance from ferry ghat to main tourist spots and cheap accommodation options.

Regards

Debasish
Maharashtra ST buses are well connected in each & every corner of remote places so you can enjoy your trip with public transport just confirm the timings with locales lot of home stay options are available on kokan region food also quite reasonably priced.
Mahabaleshwar-G.Pule -Jaygadfort-Hedvi-Guhagar-Karde-Murud-Janjira-Harihareshwar-Shrivardhan Diveagar.
Shrivardhan Mumbai lot of ST buses ply on this route along with shivashahi (AC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drk

I have personally travelled along that route and let me tell you that you have to be lucky to get public transport because it is existant but infreuent.
Moreover, I hope that you are planning this trip after monsoons because Konkan Beaches are officially closed during monsoons till August. From Mahabaleshwar, there are no direct buses for Ganpatipule but you can easily take an ST bus to Poladpur and then change into any bus that goes to Ratnagiri/ Ganpatipule.
From Ganpatipule, you can move northwards and visit the beaches including the ones you have mentioned. Diveagar, Harihareshwar and Kashid are my favourites. Then from Alibagh, you can take a ferry to Mumbai which is the fastest way to commute, provided you are not travelling during monsoons. The other suggestion that I may add is to also nclude tarkarli beach which is south of Ratnagiri, but can be included as you seem to have sufficient time for it.

deba2164

thanks for your reply .We have mentioned earlier that we have to depend entirely on public transport/ferry service/connecting local auto service to reach ferry ghat to complete our tour plan.
we have planned this way :-

Mahabaleswar -ganapatipule by local St bus if available or poladpur then to Ganpatipule.
ganpatipule-guhagar by local ferry
Guhagar to Dapoli by local ferry.
dapoli to harihareswar/diveagar by local ferry
is it possible to complete in 07 nights?or i should skip Dapoli area and shall go directly divegar /harihareswar from via chiplun-mangaon by st buses.
two nights in each place will require 08 days.

Friend, detailed information and distance from main city to ferry ghat is reuquired for this purpose.

I have started another thread in maharashtra forum and you can get the details of our tour plan there.

regards
Debasish

uturn

Super User
thanks for your reply .We have mentioned earlier that we have to depend entirely on public transport/ferry service/connecting local auto service to reach ferry ghat to complete our tour plan.
we have planned this way :-

Mahabaleswar -ganapatipule by local St bus if available or poladpur then to Ganpatipule.
ganpatipule-guhagar by local ferry
Guhagar to Dapoli by local ferry.
dapoli to harihareswar/diveagar by local ferry
is it possible to complete in 07 nights?or i should skip Dapoli area and shall go directly divegar /harihareswar from via chiplun-mangaon by st buses.
two nights in each place will require 08 days.

Friend, detailed information and distance from main city to ferry ghat is reuquired for this purpose.

I have started another thread in maharashtra forum and you can get the details of our tour plan there.

regards
Debasish
Mahabaleshwar Ratnagiri or G.pule may have lesser frequency you can go to poladapur then more options for Ratnagiri/G.pule.Just check with local ST depot.
Jetty to major town where you opt to stay varies from 15to 50 kms but entirely depends upon your residing locations.
You have to depend upon local transportation even st buses ply on every single village but need to check timings with locals.
Attaching here with some ferry time tables but don’t know about latest one you can check out with carferry.in or suvarnadurg shipping & marine services
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deba2164

we have made some changes in the tour plan.This is as follow:- Is it looks very hectic?

15th Nov Friday-Howrah to Jalgaon by Gitanjali Exp
16th Nov- Saturday-Fardapur (54 km from Jalgaon)-10-15km from Ajanta cave
17th Nov-Sunday-Aurangabad after visiting Ajanta on 17th morning
18th Nov-Monday-Aurangabad-for Ellora and others
19th Nov-Shirdi from Aurangabad for 2-3 hours then proceed to Nasik and stay at nasik
20th Nov- Wednesday-full day stay at Nasik
21st Nov - Thu - Avail morning bus from Nasik CBS to directly Lonavala/Khandala and stay
22nd Nov -friday- full day stay at Lonavala/Khandala
23rd Nov- Saturday-Morning Train from Panvel at 8.30 am to reach Ratnagiri at 3.30 p/m and stay at Ganpatipule
24th Nov-Sunday-full day rest at Ganpatipule
25th and 26th Nov-Monday and Tuesday-Guhagar by ferry service
27th -28th -Mahabaleswar via Poladpur by MSRTC BUS
29th and 30th Nov and 1st December- stay at Shrivardhan and move around by local cab to harihareshwar and diveagar with raigarh fort]
2nd December-Pune-
3rd Dec- Tuesday-Back to kolkata by Azad hind Exp from Pune at 6.30 p.m

Perhaps this is almost final.I have already booked tickets for our return journey to Kolkata and Panvel to Ratnagiri on 23rd morning.
please review finally and let me know.
The only thing in which I am still in doubt ,how do I avail train from Panvel on 23rd morning stay at Lonavala /khandala in last night?Is it risky?Please advice.

Many thanks for your valuable suggestions and needful assistance .

N.B alternatively we can visit malvan,devgarh side by skipping srivardhan harihareswar,diveagar---your suggestion pl.

regards
Debasish