Devalgarh: Long forgotten capital of Garhwal Kingdom

Alpha

Going to Neverland
After resting for an hour or so, we felt energized. We decided to take a walk inside the Khirsu village.

Khirsu village is a very big village comprising of about 660 homes and has an Inter College as well. There is a big ground acting as football ground inside the college premises, though we found the boys playing cricket there.

We roamed aimless till it got dark and we came back to the confines of our cottage. We ordered dinner and watched TV. We ate up the simple dinner and called it a day.

taking a walk inside the village
30.jpg

dense greenery all around
31.jpg

Govt. Inter College, Khirsu
32.jpg

lovely weather to play cricket
33.jpg

34.jpg

Nature Walk
35.jpg

walking inside the Khirsu Forest Rest House compound
36.jpg

37.jpg

lovely scenery late in the evening
38.jpg

simple dinner of paratha daal
39.jpg

TRH late in the evening
40.jpg

Last edited:

Alpha

Going to Neverland
We experienced a beautiful morning at Khirsu, though we woke up well past sunrise. We were in no hurry. The day was cloudy which made the vistas surreal. But the clouds meant no views of the snowcapped mountains especially the Chaukhamba peaks. After few rounds of tea at our cottage, we decided to head out to Devalgarh which was about an hours’ drive on Khirsu-Srinagar road. But before that we headed to the cafeteria for a sumptuous breakfast of aaloo-poori, my favourite breakfast item in hills.

what a beautiful day!!
41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

best start for the day
44.jpg

mousourik

Who Am I
Lip-smacking food, eye-pleasing view. (Wondering how so many coffee-filled cups can remain tilted.)

Monsoon in the mountains brings melancholy as views are obstructed, but, at the same time, the clouds hovering over the green hills may lift the spirit. Fortunate you are for experiencing all these moods in nature's lap.

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Lip-smacking food, eye-pleasing view. (Wondering how so many coffee-filled cups can remain tilted.)

Monsoon in the mountains brings melancholy as views are obstructed, but, at the same time, the clouds hovering over the green hills may lift the spirit. Fortunate you are for experiencing all these moods in nature's lap.
thanks dada...

Alpha

Going to Neverland
While reading about Khirsu on the internet, I came across the name of Devalgarh. What struck me was the mention of it being the capital of Garhwal Kingdom. On further research, I came to know about ancient temples at this place. This ignited the interest to visit this place whenever I visit Khirsu. Moreover, the place was hardly an hour away from Khirsu.

After a late breakfast, we left Khirsu around 11.00 am for Devalgarh.

We had to cover around 15-17 kms on interior roads. The road were single lane but with smooth tarmac. The route went past small yet beautiful villages. There were hardly any vehicle on the road. We kept moving slowly taking in the beautiful vistas. It took us more than 90 minutes to reach Devalgarh.

heading towards Devalgarh on Khirsu - Srinagar road
45.jpg

a beautiful village after Khirsu
46.jpg

47.jpg

another beautiful village perched atop a hill
48.jpg

lovely mountains around Devalgarh
49.jpg