District Kullu: sep 2017 (jalori, tirthan, parvati, naggar, shangarh)

dwaipayan das

DAY3/ 28th SEPTEMBER 2017 : SHOJA to SEROLSAR LAKE HIKE to SHOJA to CHEHNI KOTHI to GUSHAINI (hike + 45kms) CONTINUE......

we left shoja by 1.45 pm. our next destination was chehni kothi, on the way to gushaini. shoja to chehni kothi road head was some 14 kms. of this about 10 kms is on the main highway 305 to banjar, and then 4 kms detour. the route was so scenic, travelling through quaint cozy villages with lush surroundings. loved it when i crossed the villages such as ghiyagi , jibhi etc, about which i had read (and seen pics) such a lot. reached the chehni kothi road head by 2.30pm. there is a proper temple like gate with stairs that leads to the shringa rishi temple and further to chehni kothi. but i read somewhere that there is another path that goes to chehni from the point where the road ends. so i went upto that point in the car. there were people unloading apples and i asked them about the path. n they said that yes indeed there is a way. i had to hike alone to chehni , while wife n parents stayed back n waited in the car. the path criss crossed through several villages and apple n corn fields and took me about 30 mins to reach chehni.

DSC_0235-001.JPG

DSC_0236-001.JPG

DSC_0240-001.JPG

DSC_0242-001.JPG

DSC_0244-001.JPG

DSC_0248-001.JPG

DSC_0250-001.JPG

DSC_0251-001.JPG

DSC_0255-001.JPG

DSC_0257-001.JPG

DSC_0262-001.JPG

DSC_0265-001.JPG

DSC_0267-001.JPG

DSC_0276-001.JPG

DSC_0279-001.JPG

DSC_0282-001.JPG

DSC_0284-001.JPG

DSC_0285-001.JPG

by the time i came back to the car it was 3.45pm. i found my dad sitting with a kid where they were packing apples. she was from the homestay behind where they were sitting. while i was away , the owner of the homestay had a chat with my dad and gave him his card. the location of the homestay was great. i found it on google as well.
sharing details.....

https://tirthan-stay-eagle-nest.com/ - https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g3389564-d12611196-Reviews-Tirthan_Eagle_Nest-Banjar_Kullu_District_Himachal_Pradesh.html - https://www.facebook.com/tirthaneagle/

IMG_20171010_090210.jpg

from there gushaini was 19kms. our homestay, the tirth view(details later), was well past the main bazar and the bridge on the hillside. we reached our guest house by 4.45 pm. we settled into our lovely rooms and had tea in the open area. the sound of the tirthan river flowing was so romantic. had dinner at 9pm. was off to bed by 10pm.

end of day 3.

go to day 4

Last edited:

Rdatla

Datla Ramesh
Excellent photos of watch towers and Parari architecture. Decades old buildings made with masonry and wooden logs that withstood all natural calamities is testament of their construction skills.

Did you visit any of them climbing their long wooden stairs?.

dwaipayan das

@dwaipayan das beautiful Pics and good information bro... Great work...Keep travelling....

thank you so much !!!! :)

great going

thank you so much !!!! :)

Excellent photos of watch towers and Parari architecture. Decades old buildings made with masonry and wooden logs that withstood all natural calamities is testament of their construction skills.

Did you visit any of them climbing their long wooden stairs?.

no i did not climb any of them. the taller one had strict instructions about not getting up on it. i did not check the newer one....

and thank you so much !!!! :)

Last edited: