Do's & Dont's in Himalayas while traveling, trekking, driving, riding and camping etc

Re: Do's & Dont's in Himalayas while traveling, trekking, driving, riding and camping

Hello to all ... Khamzang ena lay.. Juley..
Here are two pics taken by me on Rohtang and Nakeela Passes. In Rohtang the travelers gathered near the Rohtang Temple and started dancing on the sound and song of the car deck speakers. I didn't liked this as they should have been worship the Rohtang pass temple instead of dancing in a bad manners like in drunken state. Travelers should learn that they shouldn't behave like this in a bad manner and not to make noise un-necessary in the tourist spot and in Rohtang there is a temple so they should keep silence and respect the Rohtang Top and Rohtang Temple. Here many tourists/travelers are beaten by the locals every day for doing such notorious things. So don't make a noise and dance like Gunda's and in do's always respect the mountains, passes and temples. The other picture is also taken by me in Nakeela Pass where a friend of mine group climbed the Nakeela Pass Stone for which I said him not to do this as we worship all the passes as a God and Goddess so climbing with shoes does not look nice. Similarly in Orkut I commented to my friend Mrs.Jyoti (Kalsi)Oberoi in an album photo that standing on the Changla Stone with leather shoes does not look nice and she apolozised for that mistake in the reply to my comment. So, worship the passes and its monuments don't behave badly with them... Here are the pics:-

Attachments

samurai

Re: Do's & Dont's in Himalayas while traveling, trekking, driving, riding and camping

Hello to all ... Khamzang ena lay.. Juley..
Here are two pics taken by me on Rohtang and Nakeela Passes. In Rohtang the travelers gathered near the Rohtang Temple and started dancing on the sound and song of the car deck speakers. I didn't liked this as they should have been worship the Rohtang pass temple instead of dancing in a bad manners like in drunken state. Travelers should learn that they shouldn't behave like this in a bad manner and not to make noise un-necessary in the tourist spot and in Rohtang there is a temple so they should keep silence and respect the Rohtang Top and Rohtang Temple. Here many tourists/travelers are beaten by the locals every day for doing such notorious things. So don't make a noise and dance like Gunda's and in do's always respect the mountains, passes and temples. The other picture is also taken by me in Nakeela Pass where a friend of mine group climbed the Nakeela Pass Stone for which I said him not to do this as we worship all the passes as a God and Goddess so climbing with shoes does not look nice. Similarly in Orkut I commented to my friend Mrs.Jyoti (Kalsi)Oberoi in an album photo that standing on the Changla Stone with leather shoes does not look nice and she apolozised for that mistake in the reply to my comment. So, worship the passes and its monuments don't behave badly with them... Here are the pics:-
on my tour to newzealand when i was visiting south, there is a lake name tekapo.near the lake there is a statue of dog.tourist from america come and ride that dog statue which hurt the sentiments of local people.

citylife

From my experience of trekking in Himalayas:

If i'm putting up a tent in a lonely place at night, i make it a point to stay away from touching ground of any graveyard or a burial site (single or multiple) during the day. Many times i've had new tent ropes bitten away by dogs in the dead of the night.

People travelling in cars, please don't use heater in the car and keep the blower on fresh air mode.

tejasnikhar

Khamzang ena lay.. Juley Singh sahab. Please dont say thanks. We are all here to help ourselves and others. You are doing a great job for the fellow travelers.

citylife

People travelling in cars, please don't use heater in the car and keep the blower on fresh air mode.
Heater? i don't think there is heater in car, its only hot air from engine. But i could be wrong easily. Only few are aware that one need to run both a/c and hot air at same time to clear mist from windows. While all other vehicles have frosted windows, yours will be crystal :grin:

However, i do take electric blanket for children in car for drives to hills in winter. The power inverter connected to lighter socket supplies 220V.

Last edited:

narender

DRIFTER

Heater? i don't think there is heater in car, .
We do have car heating system in car,sir.

knob.jpeg

The red arc in the above image starts the heater.The hot air is product of that heater not engine.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

....The hot air is product of that heater not engine.
In most cars sold in India cabin heating is provided with the heat from the coolant. That is why on a cold winter morning the heater does not give forth warm air immediately after start up.
Some cars have electric heating elements for instant heat even without the engine being warmed up.

And yes, in the hills bi-level AC is required - warm air from footwell vents and cold air to the windshield.

narender

DRIFTER

Completely agree with this.No heating element.
regards