Dothguling Guest house – Tangtse

Dothguling Guest house – Tangtse

Recommended.

There are four guest houses in tangtse, this is one is the first on the road from leh side.
Situated on the main road (only one road) opposite the primary health centre.

Large clean rooms with and without attached bathrooms.
Nice interior, clean beds, rajais, and blankets.
Bathrooms are large, clean, hot water available in buckets / 20 Rs. Clean towels and soap in bathrooms.
Restaurant at basement in hall, with ladakhi style sitting.
No phones. Will be avilable soon.
Room rates Rs 400 and 300.

Attachments

Yes,
on ground floor there are - three shops - one grocery shop (blue shutter in first pic), center is guest house reception, and third is seperate restaurant. back side is their residence, dining hall, and kitchen. First floor - all rooms.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Was there a room with four beds and a largish hole in the ceiling? If yes, then this is the place where we spent our second night in Tangste in 2005.

soumitrod

I want to go there in July this year. Can you give me their on line booking address? Do they have WCs in the toilets as I will be accompanied by senior persons.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
These are small guest houses, with no internet or phone connectivity and no web presence. There may be a few travel agents and online booking sites, which can book these for you, but the best option is to go there and get the room or contact a travel agent in Leh.

In any case, I doubt this will have a western style toilet, for that you will likely have to book the hotel at Spangmik, which if I remember correctly, charges around 5-6k for the rooms.