Still Learning ©
I saw this pic somewhere and the caption touched me very much.
My age is 48 and I purchased Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS last year.
Since my purchase of Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS, I had rode for 10000 Km including my last solo ride from Cuttack, Odisha to Manipal, Karnataka of 3865 Km. This ride was to meet my daughter at Manipal University. Now I was dreaming to explore high altitudes on bike after experiencing and discovering the joy of biking on plains.
My last ride travelogue was published in
( goo.gl/8E6FfB )
Sajal Sheth Shares His Pulsar 200 NS Long Term Review | MotorBeam ? Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Ladakh is considered as Macca of riders.
I read lots of travelogues and travel advises, queries at bcmtouring, devilonwheels, 60kph, thrillophilia.com, HVKumar FB group, Team-bhp,xBhp etc and other web pages and blogs. I learned many things about traveling at Ladakh and Zanskar. Travel blogs by Mr.Praveenkm also helped me a lot and I gained due knowledge about the Ladakh region.
Now I had to prepare an itinerary for this ride trip. My friend Mr Ashesh Rathor who is a great photographer and travel enthusiast, helped me prepare a model itinerary for Ladakh and Zanskar.
Then I met Mr Praveen Puniya from Delhi on internet travel web page. He had done Ladakh three times on bike. We decided to go together but due to unavoidable circumstances we could not make it. But he advised me in details regarding this ride, including things to carry, what to wear, how to prepare bike , how to carry luggage on bike, how to protect from AMS etc.
I consulted many travel experts including Mr.Yogesh Sarkar, Mr Dheeraj Sharma, Mr Aashish, Mr Narendra Kumar Gautam, Mr.HV Kumar Sir, Mr Shekhar Matta, Mr Zenosh Patel, Mr Kusumakar Dwivedi etc , All these great men helped me to prepare a model itinerary for my ride to Zanskar and Ladakh for June 2014 and encouraged me to ride.
I used google maps to estimate the total ride distance in km and it came to around 3800 KM.
Now the main problem was to carry additional fuel. So I consulted Sabbas Bhai , my expert pulsar mechanic of Cuttack.
He gave me a solution to carry two jerry cans.
Time for Bike Alteration to carry two Jerry Cans of 5 litres each on Pulsar 200 NS.... This was done by another mechanic and welding expert Tajo Bhai.
And finally, this is how it looked :
Now bike was ready.
My model itinerary is :
8.6.14 = New Delhi railway station to Ambala = 215 KM
9.6.14 = Ride from Ambala –Ludhiana- Jalandhar- Dasuya – Pathankot- Udhampur = 450 Km
10.6.14 =Udhampur to Sonmarg = 305 Km
11.6.14 = Sonmarg - Drass - Kargil - Panikar –Tongul = 200 KM
12.6.14 = Panikar / Tongul - Parachik - Rangdum- Padum = 155 KM
13.6.14 = Sight seeing at Podum = Zanskar River,Thongde, Karsha , Zangla . = 50-70 KM
14.6.14 = Podum - Rangdum Gompa- Parikar/Tongul -Kargil = 155 - 235 KM
15.6.14 = Panikar/Tongul- Kargil to Lamayuru - Leh = 290 - 210 KM
16.6.14 = Full Day at Leh :- = 110 KM
17.6.14 = Leh - Khardungla - Diskit - Hundar = 140 KM
18.6.14 = Hundar - Sumur - Khalsar - Agham- WARI LA –
-Sakti - Chemrey - Karu -Thiksay = 205 KM
19.6.2014 = Thiksay / Karu - Chang La -Darbuk -Tagtse - Chagar Tso -Luklung-Phobrang-Chorkangma-Marsimik La- Spangmik/Merak (Pangong Tso) = 245 KM
20.6.2014 = Spangmik/Merak (Pangong Tso) - Chusul - Mirpal Tso -- Kakasang La- Yaye Tso - Mahe – Sumdo- Karzok(Tso Moriri) = 158 - 173KM
21.6.2014 = Karzok (Tso Moriri) - Sumdo - Tso Kar – Debring- Tanglang La – Debring - Pang - Sarchu = 310 KM
22.6.2014 = Sarchu - Keylong - Tandi - Rohtang Pass - Manali = 194 KM
23.6.2014 = Manali - Ambala =340 KM
24.6.2014 = Ambala to New Delhi = 225 KM
25.6.2014 = Extra Day / Reserve Day
26.6.2014 = New Delhi Railway Station to Cuttack on train, Bike as Parcel/luggage
Total ride estimate =3800 KM.
Total petrol estimate = 114 Litre
So now I am ready to
I N D E X
1. Maps , Final Bike Checking & Packing
A. MAPS B. Final Bike Checking & packing
2. Arriving back at CUTTACK
3. Day 0 = Dt. 7th June 14 = Packed & Loaded
4. Day 1 = Dt. 8th June 14 = New Delhi Railway Station to Ambala
5. Day 2 = Dt. 9th June 14 = Ambala to Udhampur
6. Day 3 = Dt. 10th June 14 = Udhampur to Sringagar
7. Day 4 = Dt. 11th June 14 = Srinagar to Kargil
8. Day 5 = Dt. 12th June 14 = Kargil to Rangdum = PART 1
9. Day 5 = Dt. 12th June 14 = Kargil to Rangdum = PART 2
10. Day 6 = Dt. 13th June 14 = Rangdum to Padum / Zanskar
11. Day 7 = Dt. 14th June 14 = Around Padum / Zanskar
12. Day 8 = Dt. 15th June 14 = Padum to Kargil
13 . Day 9 = Dt. 16th June 14 = Kargil to Leh
14. Day 10 = Dt. 17th June 14 = ILP(inner line permit) & Around Leh
15. Day 11 = Dt. 18th June 14 = Leh to Hundar / Diskit via Khardung La and back
16. Day 12 = Dt. 19th June 14 = Leh to Pangong Tso via Chang La
17. Day 13 = Dt. 20th June 14 = Part one = Solo ride to Marsimik La
18. Day 13 = Dt. 20th June 14 = Part two = Ride to Chusul via banks/shore of Pangong Tso Lake
19. Day 14 = Dt. 21th June 14 = Chushul to Chumathang
Ω Suggested Alternative Route to avoid Check post
20. Day 15 = Dt. 22th June 14 = Chumathang to Karzok (Tso Moriri)
21. Day 16 = Dt. 23th June 14 = Karzok (Tso Moriri) to Sarchu
22. Day 17 & 18 = Dt. 24th & 25th June 14 = Sarchu to Kullu-Manali & Kullu-Manali to Ambala
23. Day 19 = Dt. 26th June 14 = Ambala to New Delhi Railway Station
24. 14 Lakes and 14 Passes
25. Li st of my Luggage
26. My interview & Article published in Times of India, Mangalore Edition
27. My interview & Article published in Times of India, Bangalore Edition
28. Picture of Times of India, Mangalore Edition Page 2 Dated. 27.8.2014
29. My Interview published in MyCityLinks ....A news Magazine of Odisha
30. A short article of mine was published on MotorBeam : Indian Automobile Portal
31. My Article published in Local Daily of Odisha........ " SAMBAD"
32. Article published in Mahanagar KOLKATA " HALCHAL " ...... A Gujrati Magazine of Kolkata
33. Article published in Gujrati Magazine " Kapol Ane Kapol Mitra".
Please rate this Thread and you may also press "Like" to encourage me.
click HERE for next update