DSLR suggestion

hensil

Guru
Thanks for suggestion. My problem with mirrorless camera is the low battery life. Most of my travel destinations don't have reliable power supply, so long battery life becomes important. Also, the price :( . I am not buying Panasonic because of high prices and less availability of accessories and spares compared to Nikon and Canon.
Your point about sticking to Canon is right, but I only have basic kit lenses 18-55 and 55-250 and am thinking of selling them off. I am considering Nikon, because in sub 1 lakh budget, there are a lot more Nikon options than Canon. Latter has better options if the price is more than 1 lakh according to what Ifound.

To be honest, I got interested in to asto-photography only 6-7 months back during my Lahaul Spiti visit. Most of the time living in cities, there is hardly any thing that once can do in this field. I'd like to take pictures of planets whenever possible as well as wide field, but I suppose buying such lenses will be out of my budget.

I fully agree that mirrorless cameras has high power consumption compared to DSLR. This is the only drawback I see and a big one. I think the newer Sony's battery can be charged by an external battery via USB when actually shooting. Like a cell phone.
I have also been bitten by the astro photography. I especially do plenty of timelapse video of night sky. For timelapse any modern DSLR will work however for deep sky you'll need a tracker to shoot multiple images and then merge it. Its a different ball game. I warn you, once you get hooked up you'll end up spending lots.
Henry

gkapoor

Super User
From my experience, Chandni Chowk dealers have always given the best price. :)
Tokina 11-16 DXII was quoted at 29.5K without bill few months back, that too on phone.

jjamwal

Quick query:

I have decided on Nikon 7200 or Nikon 7100 for Rs 84000 or Nikon 7200 for Rs 72000. Which one should I go for and with what lenses 18-105 or 18-140 ? Which combination is better ?

Does it make any sense to buy 7100 and use the rest to buy another lens ? If yes, which one ?

hensil

Guru
Quick query:

I have decided on Nikon 7200 or Nikon 7100 for Rs 84000 or Nikon 7200 for Rs 72000. Which one should I go for and with what lenses 18-105 or 18-140 ? Which combination is better ?

Does it make any sense to buy 7100 and use the rest to buy another lens ? If yes, which one ?
Go with D7200 and 18-140.
I would go with D7200 over D7100 for just 2 things, larger buffer and better auto-focus. The D7100 buffer is poor.
Also D7200 has Wifi connection that will help you for astro photography with phone app Qdslr. Also remember D7000 and D5000 series has built in Timelapse and Interval Timer shooting.
Here is the comparison
http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/nikon/d7100/vs/nikon/d7200/
Henry