Dubai trip with kids

pushkark

We are a couple going to Dubai with kids aged 1 and 4. Have booked the tickets and would be in Dubai for 5 nights 29th to 3rd October.

Our onward flight is booked from Mumbai and would reach Dubai at 12:30 PM on Sunday and our return Flight is at 3 pm on Friday. Looking forwards for recommendations from all for hotels, visa, attractions, must do activities, etc.

Listed down few of the questions that come to my mind:

1. Visa - what’s the best and most economical method to obtain VISA.

2 Hotels - Am looking for hotels that include kitchenette and include breakfast, located in bur Dubai or Deira and close to metro station.

The kitchen part is must have and we are ok with going to in-house or nearby restaurant for breakfast. Looking for room that can accommodate couple + 2 kids. A double bed + sofa bed would be fine I guess

3. Travel in Dubai - A big question that concerns me is the modes of transport I should use. How is it traveling in metro? would it make sense (comfort and financial) to book full day taxies? or can we manage through combination of metro bus and taxi

4. Attractions and activities-

Ø Burj khalifa (124 +125 floor) + Aquarium & underwater zoo - looking for 4:30 slot and Aquarium & fountain

Ø desert safari - please suggest operators, where I should book tour from?

Ø global village

Ø miracle garden

Ø lego land- planning for a full day at lego land with kids. is it worth going there?

Ø Al Ghubaiba to Jumeirah Beach by water ferry at 5 pm and then spend evening at Jumeirah Beach

Ø dubai dolphinarium

Ø other activities planned - dubai mall, ibn battuta mall, mall of emirates, jumeriah mosque, burj al arab, meena bazzar, dubai Museum, al fahidi fort

Ø want to try camel meat – where can I find it?

Ø shopping at various shouk - any items i should specifically look for.

Please give me your valuable suggestions

Thanks a lot.