Dwarahat – an Ancient Temple Town

Alpha

Going to Neverland
With Van Deo Temple, we had covered all the temples of note in Dwarahat. However, we came to know that this town also had a British past with some building of British era. Also, a Methodist Church which was still in use. It was situated on the other side of the town after the Bus stand and near to the PWD Tourist Rest House and Police Station. We spent some time there before leaving for Ranikhet. Just before entering Ranikhet, we spotted a nice looking Café operating inside a British era bungalow. We stopped for a very late lunch and orders pasta and chowmein besides tea.

Methodist Church
77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

lovely views from Dwarahat
82.jpg

83.jpg

nice Cafe just before Ranikhet
84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
We reached quite late in the evening at Nainital. We were welcomed by the sight of huge tourist rush. With some effort, we were able to find a hotel for the night stay, which was very far from the lake. We skipped the thought of strolling besides the lake after dinner at Mall Road, instead we ate the hotel food which was nothing great and slept to the sounds of quiet requests of the boyfriend asking his pissed off girl to let him inside the room. I only hope the poor fellow didn’t had to spend the whole cold night outside in the gallery.

reached Nainital late in the evening
89.jpg

We woke up leisurely and check out of the hotel by 11.00 am. We had light breakfast of tea and toasts. We stopped at Sariyatal and ordered some tea and paratha. The weather was turning up windy and suddenly it started pouring with hailstorm. As soon as hails relented we moved ahead. The rains and hails followed us for few more kilometers. For remainder of the journey towards home, we followed the same route of Kaladhungi-Bazpur-Tanda-Moradabad route. The journey remained uneventful, thank God for that. We reached safely to the confines of our homes after the usual ruckus of traffic at Ghaziabad. It was three days well spent despite our misfortune that we missed the stroll by the lake after dinner. May be some other time…

90.jpg

leaving Nainital
91.jpg

92.jpg

stopped at Saraiya Taal for late breakfast cum early lunch
93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

weather turned up
96.jpg

forest near Kaladhungi
97.jpg

the good bye shot
98.jpg

See you again in my next Spiti Winter Log.....

mousourik

Who Am I
we slept to the sounds of quiet requests of the boyfriend asking his pissed off girl to let him inside the room. I only hope the poor fellow didn’t had to spend the whole cold night outside in the gallery.
Don't get yourself influenced (or convinced otherwise) by what you heard - for your information, this is also called "cajoling".

And you did not stop to collect hails! All children (with or without moustache) do that.

Last edited: