East By North-East: My Blue Diamond Did It Fast

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
My Purple Cheetah - aka XUV 500 - celebrates its fourth birthday today. 67,764 km in 26 states and UT in these 4 years. =D> On this joyous occasion, P Cheetah will take us for a big ride and possibly cross over to Myanmar as well in 2018! :) I have fixed daily targets for myself by booking our accommodation in advance. Some are non-refundable and some are 'pay-at-hotel' type bookings.

IMG_20171230_093242.jpg

ThePlan.jpg

Actually, I prepared two sets of itineraries one each for XUV 500 and Thunderbird 500 as Google Maps mobile app version now shows separate route/timings for motorbikes. But finally, XUV 500 won the race to NE!

@J.Ravi having a plan to stay three days in Shillong, you shouldn't miss Shillong-Jowai- Krang Shuri falls- Dawki river-Mawlynnong-Cherrapunji-Nohkalikai falls-Shillong circuit drive of Meghalaya. And also enjoy South Indian food-esp Rasam at Orange roots Restaurants at Cherrapunji to satiate your taste buds after 10 days of roaming around with Parantha, Sabzis. I'm seeing some 3 days stay at Shillong in your itinerary and you can try to fit these.

J.Ravi

We are at Guwahati now. :)

BhubaneswarGuwahati.jpg

Today, we drove to Nagaland House, located 2 km from Ginger, Guwahati and got the inner line permit issued, which will be valid for visiting Nagaland for one month, within 10 minutes after submitting application with voter id, 2 photos and ₹ 50 each.
Now, we are all set to drive to Kohima tomorrow.

enjoy South Indian food-esp Rasam at Orange roots Restaurants at Cherrapunji to satiate your taste buds after 10 days of roaming around with Parantha, Sabzis.
Thanks a lot for the tips, kprasad.

Last edited:

J.Ravi

P Cheetah brought us safely from Kohima to Imphal. The kmph and kmpl figures vouch for the quality of the NH from Kohima to Imphal. Two more states, viz., Nagaland and Manipur are added to P Cheetah's list.

KohimaImphal.jpg

J.Ravi

P Cheetah brought us safely from Imphal to Shillong after a strenuous drive of 14.5 hours, passing through many traffic jams, bazaars, bad roads and what-not. The outside temperature at Shillong is 8 deg C.

ImphalShillong.jpg

J.Ravi

We are back in Ginger, Bhubaneswar. Dense fog with very poor visibility gave company from last night to this morning, but I continued with my driving. Brunched again at Sher e Punjab with idlies, dosai and paneer paratha. As usual, the food was good.

ShillongBhubaneswar.jpg

J.Ravi

P Cheetah brought us home, sweet home safely and comfortably at 8:20 am today after getting its tankful after a trouble-free drive of 6,942 km in 16 days across 8 states. No puncture. No breakdown. No accident. No cop/RTO problem.

Final.jpg
fe.jpg

More details and photographs will follow later.