Echo Dot or Google Home Mini?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I am planning to buy either Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home Mini. Main reason for buying either of these would be to play music, almost 10-12 hours a day, streamed from Prime Music or Gaana.

Does the Echo Dot sounds better or the Google Home Mini?

Rest of the smart features don’t matter much and I am not looking to buy their more expensive counterparts.

I would love to get some feedback on them, from those who have been using them.

adsatinder

explorer
Cost wise Echo dot can be taken cheap in sales or offers..
Support of good content also seems more and easily available for Echo Dot.
Heard good about Echo Dot mostly from Young Generation.

adsatinder

explorer
Just for fun !

अलेक्सा और गूगल का इंटरव्यू - Interview with Alexa and Google Assistant (Hindi)

SANTRONIX

Published on Jan 8, 2019

SUBSCRIBE 2.2K
Thanks for all your views, likes and comments for all our videos! Ever wondered if we have to take an interview of Alexa and Google, who will excel and get the job? Well, we did and so we thought of making this video! We interviewed Alexa and Google Assistant and asked some common questions.... The results are out! Just check them out yourself and write us in the comment box that if you have to give job to one of them, which one will it be? Many people might think that these videos are fake, but guys, although it is unbelievable, they are totally true! You can try yourself! and if you find any funny replies from your Google home, post them in the comment box! If you like the video, please like and share it! and subscribe to our channel ! Visit our website http://santronix.in and http://santronixapps.com to get more exciting information on latest technologies and trends!

adsatinder

explorer
अलेक्सा और गूगल का इंटरव्यू Part 2- Interview with Alexa and Google Assistant (Hindi)

SANTRONIX

Published on Feb 2, 2019

tintin63

Guru
I've been using Echo Dot for the past 6 months or so and am really happy with it. Although for music streaming I'm mainly using the Dot as a connector and playing through my Bose Bluetooth speaker, though just the Dot itself is quite good, clear and crisp. Bass is obviously compromised, but that is expected considering the size. Can't give a comparison as I haven't really heard the google home in person.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I've been using Echo Dot for the past 6 months or so and am really happy with it. Although for music streaming I'm mainly using the Dot as a connector and playing through my Bose Bluetooth speaker, though just the Dot itself is quite good, clear and crisp. Bass is obviously compromised, but that is expected considering the size. Can't give a comparison as I haven't really heard the google home in person.
Thank you for the feedback. I decided to put off the purchase of smart speakers for a while and ended up investing in Fire Stick 4k. I would likely buy the Echo Dot or Google Home Mini in a couple of months.

mgdelhi

Thank you for the feedback. I decided to put off the purchase of smart speakers for a while and ended up investing in Fire Stick 4k. I would likely buy the Echo Dot or Google Home Mini in a couple of months.
If you want, you can borrow my Google Home Mini and try it for few days. I bought it but never used it.

I already have Amazon Echo Dot since Nov'2017 and I upgraded that to a newer generation Echo Dot in Oct'2018.

tintin63

Guru
I know this is off topic, but just being lazy - in this new look, has the "subscribed threads" option gone off? I had a habit of having that tab pinned to my chrome. Just too used to that and can't figure out if that has gone off or I'm just not good at navigating.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If you want, you can borrow my Google Home Mini and try it for few days. I bought it but never used it.

I already have Amazon Echo Dot since Nov'2017 and I upgraded that to a newer generation Echo Dot in Oct'2018.
Which one do you find better, both in terms of usability and sound quality?

I know this is off topic, but just being lazy - in this new look, has the "subscribed threads" option gone off? I had a habit of having that tab pinned to my chrome. Just too used to that and can't figure out if that has gone off or I'm just not good at navigating.
It is under the Watched Menu at top, Watched Threads. It is always displayed like this in Xenforo. Last time I had just changed the name to Subscribed Thread, since we had migrated from vBulletin and everyone was used to that phrase. I forgot to do it this time around. I will fix it soon.