Eco huts, Pangong Tso (Lukung), Ladakh

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Is Tangste before the Mad stream or after. If its before, then its not a good thing, because after spending a nice evening at Panagong, you may find that you need to spend night at stream!

KonfuSed

Is Tangste before the Mad stream or after. If its before, then its not a good thing, because after spending a nice evening at Panagong, you may find that you need to spend night at stream!
Tangste is much before the Pagal nullah (Mad stream). Actually once you cross the pagal nullah then it's almost like that you've reached Pangong Tso. And the ferocity of the nullah will depend on how bright the day is, as mostly the water will be because of the ice melting in the high up. So if it's a cloudy day I guess you may be able to spend more time at Pangong.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
By chance we see sunset at Panagong, and then is it possible that mad stream will start freezing by 8pm so we can cross it and come to Tangste... Even when its gushing, is it possible for SUVs to cross it, or nogo? It will be great if we can find some place with good night views of Pangong!

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I think Eco Huts has got a toilet now, not 100% sure though, will check with Bhuwan paaji, as he went there last year in September. Also, couple of kms before Lukung, there is a public toilet for ladies.

rupinder

i dont think such things will be required in lukung as lukung has very good toilets very well maintained by the army or ITBP (dont know which one) .last year when i was there there were very clean toilets .they even had toilet paper.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
I got an idea.
Stay at eco huts for 150 a room, leave at 6am, go to Tangste, do your stuff etc., at some guest house, and then make a run for Marismek la.
I am told the ITBT post does not allow you to go if you get later than 8am or so?

So there is no toilet, you have to go out and be one with nature... I guess thats not a pleasant thought at 7am in the morning in september....
any place with toilet within 10-15kms of Panagong Tso?
Well I do not know, you are talking about which year, but few Huts have the facility of Indian style Toilets. And i am talking this after my visit to this place in September, 2008. Infact few huts even have the facility of Generator which they operate from 1900 HRS to 2200 Hrs.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Since some huts have toilets... I guess matter can be laid to rest.
I either go by May end(back by Mid june to beat tourist rush), or I go after Mid august, after the tourist hordes have gone by

nazgyl

Since some huts have toilets... I guess matter can be laid to rest.
I either go by May end(back by Mid june to beat tourist rush), or I go after Mid august, after the tourist hordes have gone by
how many people can these eco huts take.we are planning to visit it by mid june.we are group of around 6.