Eco huts, Pangong Tso (Lukung), Ladakh

KonfuSed

What about staying options at Spangmik? For us, the place was so close yet so far. We forgot to include Spangmik on our permit and was not able to go there :-(

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
What? Permit to Pangong Tso cover Spangmik and that is in fact the last point till you are allowed to go.

There is a guest house there and home stay options in Spangmik.

rashrock

AKA Rohan
Is Tangste before the Mad stream or after. If its before, then its not a good thing, because after spending a nice evening at Panagong, you may find that you need to spend night at stream!
I reached tangtse in the evening, stayed there in the night next day morning around 8 reached pangong and the view was spectacular and reached leh by 3 PM

Tangste is 35 Km from Pangong tSo. Oh and i found 1 pic of pagal nallah in one of the folders in my hard drive :

Guys, just a quick question. What is the nearest point to the Pangong Lake that I can stay? I would ideally like to stay in tent on the bank of the lake, toilet or no toilet.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Well there is nothing right beside the lake, every bit of accommodation is 100-200mtr away. If you really want to camp on the shore, you will have to carry your own tents and even then you might be stopped from doing that by the local authorities.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
, every bit of accommodation is 100-200mtr away. If you really want to camp on the shore, you will have to carry your own tents and even then you might be stopped from doing that by the local authorities.
LOL, I think 100 mtrs is good enough!
Local authorities have to curtail certain freedoms to prevent people from performing their morning ablutions into the lake, no?!! :grin: :grin: