Economical Andaman Trip (6 days in Andaman)

Discussion in 'Travelogues from East and North-East India' started by vaibhav.godbole, Nov 24, 2013.

1. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

First of all let me thank all users of Bcmtouring for providing useful information on travel

We are 4 and thinking to select a different destination for touring. Our search begins in the month of April this year.
    Finally we have decided to go to Andaman.

We have booked air tickets in the month of May this year. Hence we got it at a low price.

Here are details of our trip:

Day 1 (13/11/2013)
    1. Started at 4.30 am from my home, to catch the flight to Chennai which is at 7 am from Santacruz airoprt.

I was sitting in the flight for the first time.

2. Reached Chennai at 9.00 am.

We want to reach to the High Court area, where LIC's guuest house is there. My brother, Satish is working in LIC. We have already booked this guest house 5 months back at the cost of Rs 90/- for 4 persons for 1 night.
    Hence we were on a search of Taxi/Auto from Chennai airport. 1st taxiwala told Rs. 600. The prepaid taxiwala told Rs. 550 and another one told Rs. 500. We said no to all and just walked outside the airport, near a railway station. From there we got auto who aggrees to take us at Rs. 350. He knows only Malyalam and somewhat English. Finally reached guest house at 11 am.

3. Went to Marina beach by auto, who took Rs. 50. Also seen Anna park and Madras University. Reached guest house by 8.00 pm

Day 2
    1. Started at 12.30 am from guest house, since our flight to Port Blair was at 5.00 am from Chennai. The autowala took Rs 300 from guest house to airport.

2. Reached Port Blair airport at 7.00 am. Since we have already done booking of our tour in advance, the tour operators personnel Mr. Ganesh was there at the airoprt holding a banner "Mr. Vaibhav" (U are correct that's myself !!)

3. He took us in a budget hotel, which is very near to airport. The hotel name was "Hotel Ambu International". We took rest for some time. The hotel room was equipped with AC and geyser

4. Visited Samudrika Emporiam, the Asia's largest Saw Mill and Antropological Museum, and Cellular Jail. One should not miss the audio visulization lighting show at Cellular jail. There are 2 shows per day the 1st one is at 6.30 pm and the secone one is at 8.00 pm. It was a very much emotional experience.

Day 3

1. Started from Hotel at 5.30 am, to catch the government launch to Havelock. It took 2.5 hours to reach there. The experience was just superb. The caption of the launch was very much friendly. He gave answers to all our queries. We sat in the gallary which is just in front of him. The spped of the launch was around 30-40 Km/hr. There was a Crusie also which goes to Havelock, which is costlier than the Govt. Boat. But you will not get the experience with this crusie as that with Govt. boat. The Govt boat will cost you Rs. 285 PP while going and Rs. 360 PP whiile coming. Reached Havelock at 8.30 am.

2. Once again there was a personnel named Mr. Shetty with a banner "Mr. Vaibhav". He took us to Asia's one of the best beach resort, DOLPHIN RESORT, which is managed by TOURISM DEPT., Andaman. This resort is in front of the very beautiful beach. All rooms in this resort are independent, just like villas. The std. room will cost Rs. 1500/- and Delux room will cost Rs. 2500/-. You have to do booking of this resort 6 months in advance. We are lucky ones who got into this resort. Our tour organizer have done it for us. Hevelock Beach was just the best beach I have ever seen...:D
    We spend almost 4 hours on the beach. There were a few foregioners on the beach but almost no indians....

We could go 0.5 Km inside the see...with water height of around 2 feet only...the water colur was green+blue----just superb...

The food in the resort was just fantastic...we had cholle, khir and banana custered...

3. Then in the afternoon around 4 pm, we headed for Radhanagar beach...which is the BEST BEACH IN ASIA. But I liked Havalock beach much. Radhanagar beach was a bit crowded. Also u can no go much in deep see, since water level is very high. We reached back to the Dolphin resort at 6.30 pm (It was night for a mumbaikar like us...)

Day 4
    1. Took a launch to Port Blair at 9.00 am. Reached PB at 11.30 am. Took rest in the hotel.
    2. Started at 1.30 pm for Wandoor...which is another beach. While going there we have visited a pharm house which is managed by Govt. This pharm house contains trees of different masalas, such as lwang, jaiphal etc...We purchased jaiphals from this farm house.
    3. Then we reached Wandoor beach.
    4. While coming from beach we have visited Rubber Plant. In this plant there are more than 1000 rubber trees. We have seen how rubber is formed. We purchased some masalas from this plant. Then reached PB hotel at 8.00 PM

Day 5
    1. Started at 3.30 am for Baratang. Reached Jirkatang Chk post at 4.45 am (50 Kms from PB). After this chk post there is a forest. In this forest the tribals named "Jarwas" stays. This is very restricted area. You require permit to enter in this area. Also u have to follow a convey, while driving in this area. Photography is not allowed....if found you may be fined Rs. 10000/- and/or 3 years jail.....
    Population of Jarwans = 500. Dark blak in color....and wear no cloths...we have seen a few jarwans in the police petrolling van. There were a few cases of attacks by these Jarwans on tourists. But there is very heavy security on the road...hence we were relaxed. After travelling from the forest, about 47 Km, we have reached Middle Strait from where we took a speed boat to see the caves of "Natural Lime-stone", which is at a place called as "Baratang". You have to do treck of around 1Km after reaching Baratang, to see the caves

2. While coming back from Baratang..there was a very heavy rainfall...the driver of spped boat even could not see in front. But somehow he managed to took us safely to the Middle Strait. Finally reached our hotel in PB in the evening....

Day 6
    1. Started at 6.00. We have visited Ross Island, North Bay Island and Wiper Island.
    Ross Island is used by British army for staying purpose. It is a historical place.

2. After spending around 1 hr, we have headed for North Bay island, where we have done Snorkelling @500/- pp. You can also take a round with glass boat @300/- and u can do Scuba diving @3000/-. This all is to see the corals in the see. I recommend snorkelling. The glass boat is a small speed boat in which glass is located at the center of the boat. You have to seat on both sides of the glass...not much effective.

3. After spending around 3 hours we have headed for Wiper Island. British came to this island with a ship called as M.V.Wiper. This island also contains snakes named "Wiper". Hence the name Wiper. This island consists of biggest hanging house in the world at that time. The tourim dept. gives permission to visit this island only for 20 mins. This hanging house was used to hang freedom fighter named Share Ali for the first time...

4. After Wiper island we returned to our hotel in PB

Day 7
    1. Started at 8.30 am. Headed towards Mount Harriat, a traking point. We took a launch towards Bamboo Plant, then drove for around 10 kms to reach the national park. Then we have reached a spot called as "Kala Patthar" after treking 2.5 Kms. The trek route was very horrible. We found small "sea cucumber", which took blood from us....I wear shoes...I realized it only after completion of the trek.....it took at-least 10 bytes on by body...oh !!!!

We reached hotel in PB in the evening...it was our last day in Andaman.....

We had gone through a travel company called as "Andaman Padmini Travels". The owner is Mr. Chellian. He is a very nice person. We have paid 25% of the total amount to him through online banking in Mumbai itself. Then for the next 8 days he did not ask a single rupee from us till the last day. Due to security reasons we did not carry more cash. When he came to know this he even told us to do remaining payment after reaching Mumbai !!!! oh !!! As a business you really require a brave heatr to say these words....Finally we got an ATM and cleared everything.

Total cost of tour (Ex-Andaman) = Rs. 10000/- PP (For 6 nights) includes breakfast, lunch and dinner

Total Coist including air fair from Mumbai: Rs. 23000/- PP

The address

G.T.CHELLIAN
    ANDAMAN PADMINI TRAVELS
    CARBYNS COVE ,PORT BLAIR
    MOBILE-09474212129/09933205455
    Land Line-03192227842
    Home | Andaman Padmini Travels

Very soon I will upload the pics.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

3. John Mathai

John Mathai john-the wanderer

Nice details... :)
    So your first ever flight was on an Airbus...!!! :cool:

4. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

5. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

The Beautiful Andaman from aeroplane....

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

6. Prasham

Prasham Armchair Traveller :(

Lovely description.... Its my dream destination... Post lots of snaps :)

7. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

IMG_0098.jpg

The Cellular Jail
    IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

8. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

9. yogeshenfield

yogeshenfield Member

Andaman logs are always special for me as I never visited the places. You have described the iteniery superbly, now post many pics :)

10. vaibhav.godbole

vaibhav.godbole Member

The Great Havelock Beach......

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg