Enfield Rear Shockers

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by ripudaman, May 23, 2014.

1. ripudaman

ripudaman Member

Hi All,

I have to replace my Rear shockers as they are more or less nonfunctional, so I was thinking to install the one comes with RE Continental GT which comes with Paioli but today i went to buy it & the price is 11000 INR :eek: and I suppose this is the premium range when it come to Shockers like YSS, Progressive, IKON, Hagon.

Do share some light on this and your suggestion on which shall I go for, I have to problem with spending 11K but just want to make sure it value for money :confused:

Thanks,
    Ripu Daman

2. ANURAG NEGI

ANURAG NEGI Active Member

I don't know what exactly you looking for Sir
    But as I recently purchased rear shocker for my classic which costed me 2000 from my mechanic.
    Showroom price 2200
    Karol bagh price 1750
    Same brand ENDURANCE

3. ripudaman

ripudaman Member

Agreed the Gabriel one are of that price only, but I thought ki one coming with GT will be better but I 11k for Shocker so I am looking for advise is it worth-it.

Thanks,
    Ripu Daman

4. ANURAG NEGI

ANURAG NEGI Active Member

OK fine sir
    Just shared what all I knew
    All the best....

5. sanchit350

sanchit350 Bikotine addict.

My advice stay away from GT shockers one of the bcmt member Sir [MENTION=5568]rajithcherian[/MENTION] using apache 180 shockers and he was saying its better than stock.
    His bike is fastest and lightest and best bullet 500 in India. Measure the lenght of apache's shocker and if it direct fit than go for it.

6. Sanket Sarkar

Sanket Sarkar Active Member

Ripu - Any shocks ranging from 290mm~310mm will work great. About GT"s shocks? RE quotes 11k but I am sure if you buy them from Ebay it'll be cheaper. A friend recently got his front shock absorbers from Paioli for less than 200 USD.. so I am assuming that rear shocks will be way cheaper than 11k :)

About importing? - Same trick, when someone imports them tell them to mark it as a gift and you'll be safe from customs (also tell em to reduce the price in Invoice). In short - if you want good stuff you gotta import them. Hagon is good too! Supposed to be the best for REs!

P.S - They're good because they are used for racing purpose - In short - They don't die that easy!

7. rahulsamuel

rahulsamuel Member

Hi, you havent mentioned which bike you are looking at the replacement for. The Apache is a much lighter motorcycle than the RE's, I am not sure if it will be a good idea trying those. I however am using Karizma ZMR Gas filled shocks on my STD 350 UCE and they are doing great. You can read my full review on them here

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/motorcycles-f13/royal-enfield-standard-350-uce-t35553-7/#post970583

I would suggest you try some locally available shocks before considering spending upwards of 10K on imported ones. I was considering Hagon but am pretty happy with Karizma ZMR shocks so far. Like the slight raise in height which makes handling quicker and my headlight is not focused on the road as bonus :p

8. Sanket Sarkar

ZMA shocks are great but I heard "Hero Hunk" Shocks do great too!

9. ripudaman

ripudaman Member

Thanks All for the information, I have RE Thunderbird 2009. So i will try to go with ZMA/Hunk Shocks, Can i buy them online somewhere or Directly buying for Company outlet is better option.

Thanks,
    Ripu Daman

10. Sanket Sarkar

Buy it from their authorized store. Also, I personally feel that ZMAs shocks are on the softer side when compared with Hunk. So... decide based on your needs. For off-roading - Very soft shocks don't really help much.. but that's just me :)